A Sociological Perspective on Gender and Career Outcomes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 19 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (Winter)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joni Hersch & Leslie S. Stratton, 1997. "Housework, Fixed Effects, and Wages of Married Workers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(2), pages 285-307.
- Blau, Francine D & Ferber, Marianne A, 1987. "Discrimination: Empirical Evidence from the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 316-20, May.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000.
"Gender Differences in Pay,"
NBER Working Papers
7732, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- H. Holzer & D. Neumark, .
"Are affirmative action hires less qualified? Evidence from employer-employee data on new hires,"
Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers
1113-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Holzer, Harry & Neumark, David, 1999. "Are Affirmative Action Hires Less Qualified? Evidence from Employer-Employee Data on New Hires," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(3), pages 534-69, July.
- Harry Holzer & David Neumark, 1996. "Are Affirmative Action Hires Less Qualified? Evidence from Employer-Employee Data on New Hires," NBER Working Papers 5603, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- PETER F. ORAZEM & JAMES D. WERBEL & JAMES C. McELROY, 2003.
"Market Expectations, Job Search, and Gender Differences in Starting Pay,"
Journal of Labor Research,
Transaction Publishers, vol. 24(2), pages 307-321, April.
- Orazem, Peter & Werbel, J. & McElroy, J., 2003. "Market Expectations, Job Search and Gender Differences in Starting Pay," Staff General Research Papers 5190, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Francine D. Blau & Jed DeVaro, 2006.
"New Evidence on Gender Difference in Promotion Rates: An Empirical Analysis of a Sample of New Hires,"
NBER Working Papers
12321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francine Blau & Jed DeVaro, 2006. "New Evidence on Gender Differences in Promotion Rates: An Empirical Analysis of a Sample of New Hires," Working Papers 891, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Simon Janssen & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2009. "What difference do beliefs make? Gender job associations and work climate," Working Papers 0107, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Francine Blau & Peter Brummund & Albert Liu, 2013.
"Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender 1970–2009: Adjusting for the Impact of Changes in the Occupational Coding System,"
Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 471-492, April.
- Blau, Francine D. & Brummund, Peter & Liu, Albert Yung-Hsu, 2012. "Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender 1970-2009: Adjusting for the Impact of Changes in the Occupational Coding System," IZA Discussion Papers 6490, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francine D. Blau & Peter Brummund & Albert Yung-Hsu Liu, 2012. "Trends in Occupational Segregation by Gender 1970-2009: Adjusting for the Impact of Changes in the Occupational Coding System," NBER Working Papers 17993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kurtulus, Fidan Ana & Tomaskovic-Devey, Donald, 2012. "Do Women Top Managers Help Women Advance? A Panel Study Using EEO-1 Records," IZA Discussion Papers 6444, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carolina Castagnetti & Luisa Rosti, 2012. "Unfair tournaments: gender stereotyping and wage discrimination among Italian graduates," DEM Working Papers Series 010, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Jasso, Guillermina & Kotz, Samuel, 2007. "Two Types of Inequality: Inequality Between Persons and Inequality Between Subgroups," IZA Discussion Papers 2749, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.