Symposium on Globalization in Perspective: An Introduction
AbstractThe benefits of international economic integration come with strings attached: international markets get greater say about the way national economies are managed and their wealth is distributed. The papers in the symposium that follow address these questions: how much globalization is there; how much does globalization constrain national autonomy; does globalization exacerbate inequality; how significant are the benefits of globalization; and are our governance structures adequate to deal with globalization?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 12 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 (Fall)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Feenstra, 2004.
"Estimating The Effects Of Trade Policy,"
9510, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1995. "Estimating the Effects of Trade Policy," NBER Working Papers 5051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, R.C., 1995. "Estimating the Effects of Trade Policy," Department of Economics 95-10, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Feenstra, R.C., 1995. "Estimating the Effects of Trade Policy," Papers 95-10, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Arribas, Iván & Pérez, Francisco & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2008.
"On the Dynamics of Globalization,"
16007, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Barbara Dluhosch & Michael Burda, 2000.
"Cost Competition, Fragmentation and Globalization,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
393, CESifo Group Munich.
- Burda, Michael C & Dluhosch, Barbara, 2002. "Cost Competition, Fragmentation, and Globalization," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 424-41, August.
- Arribas Fernández Iván & Pérez García Francisco & Tortosa-Ausina Emili, 2007.
"Measuring International Economic Integration: Theory and Evidence of Globalization,"
201094, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Arribas, Iván & Pérez, Francisco & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2006. "Measuring International Economic Integration: Theory and Evidence of Globalization," MPRA Paper 16010, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Teitel, Simon, 2005.
"Globalization and its disconnects,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 444-470, August.
- Arribas, Iván & Pérez, Francisco & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2009. "Measuring Globalization of International Trade: Theory and Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 127-145, January.
- Sand-Zantman, W., 2003.
"Economic Integration and Political Accountability,"
Cahiers du LASER (LASER Working Papers)
2003.09, LASER (Laboratoire de Science Economique de Richter), Faculty of Economics, University of Montpellier 1.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2003.
"Dibattito sulla globalizzazione. Un commento
[Debate on globalization. A comment]," MPRA Paper 34943, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberto Tamborini, 2000. "From Kuwait to Kosovo: what have we learned; reflections on globalization and peace," Department of Economics Working Papers 0002, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2007.
"Knowledge, Learning, Networks and Performance of Firms in Knowledge-Based Economies,"
CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale
crn0702, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2008. "Knowledge, learning, networks and performance of firms in knowledge-based economies," MPRA Paper 30901, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wilhelm Kohler, 2002. "Aspects of International Fragmentation," Economics working papers 2002-08, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 1999.
"Sviluppo economico e occupazione
[Economic development and employment]," MPRA Paper 46211, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2008. "Investing in Knowledge: Knowledge, Human Capital and Institutions for the Long Run Growth," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale crn0804, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Rühmann, Peter, 1999. "European monetary union and national labour markets," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 3, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.