Multi-country evidence on the behavior of purchasing power parity under the current float
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Money and Finance.
Volume (Year): 16 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30443
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1986.
"International Capital Mobility and Crowding Out in the U.S. Economy: Imperfect Integration of Financial Markets or of Goods Markets?,"
NBER Working Papers
1773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1985. "International capital mobility and crowding-out in the U.S. economy: imperfect integration of financial markets or of goods markets?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, pages 33-74.
- Lothian, James R, 1985. "Equilibrium Relationships between Money and Other Economic Variables," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 828-35, September.
- Alan C. Stockman, 1978.
"A Theory of Exchange Rate Determination,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
113, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Two Illustrations of the Quantity Theory of Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1005-14, December.
- Abuaf, Niso & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. " Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 157-74, March.
- Oh, Keun-Yeob, 1996. "Purchasing power parity and unit root tests using panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 405-418, June.
- Martin D. Evans & James R. Lothian, 1992.
"The Response of Exchange Rates to Permanent and Transitory Shocks under Floating Exchange Rates,"
92-16, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Evans, Martin D. D. & Lothian, James R., 1993. "The response of exchange rates to permanent and transitory shocks under floating exchange rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 563-586, December.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Meese, Richard, 1987.
"Are Exchange Rates Excessively Variable?,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt18n4c5f6, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel and Richard Meese., 1987. "Are Exchange Rates Excessively Variable," Economics Working Papers 8738, University of California at Berkeley.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Richard Meese, 1988. "Are Exchange Rates Excessively Variable?," NBER Working Papers 2249, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre Perron & Robert J. Shiller, 1984.
"Testing the Random Walk Hypothesis: Power Versus Frequency of Observation,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
732, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Shiller, Robert J. & Perron, Pierre, 1985. "Testing the random walk hypothesis : Power versus frequency of observation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 381-386.
- Robert J. Shiller & Pierre Perron, 1985. "Testing the Random Walk Hypothesis: Power versus Frequency of Observation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0045, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1996. "The Purchasing Power Parity Puzzle," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 647-668, June.
- Francis X. Diebold & Steven Husted & Mark Rush, 1990.
"Real exchange rates under the gold standard,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
32, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Edison, Hali J. & Gagnon, Joseph E. & Melick, William R., 1997.
"Understanding the empirical literature on purchasing power parity: the post-Bretton Woods era,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Hali J. Edison & Joseph E. Gagnon & William R. Melick, 1994. "Understanding the empirical literature on purchasing power parity: the post-Bretton Woods era," International Finance Discussion Papers 465, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Meese, Richard A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1983. "Empirical exchange rate models of the seventies : Do they fit out of sample?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 3-24, February.
- Lothian, James R. & Taylor, Mark P., 1997. "Real exchange rate behavior," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 945-954, December.
- Hakkio, Craig S. & Rush, Mark, 1991.
"Cointegration: how short is the long run?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 571-581, December.
- Lothian, James R & Taylor, Mark P, 1996. "Real Exchange Rate Behavior: The Recent Float from the Perspective of the Past Two Centuries," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(3), pages 488-509, June.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-76, December.
- Duck, Nigel W, 1993. "Some International Evidence on the Quantity Theory of Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1984. "Tests of Monetary and Portfolio Balance Models of Exchange Rate Determination," NBER Chapters, in: Exchange Rate Theory and Practice, pages 239-260 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.