Exchange-Rate Hedging: Financial versus Operational Strategies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 91 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geczy, Christopher & Minton, Bernadette A & Schrand, Catherine, 1997. " Why Firms Use Currency Derivatives," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1323-54, September.
- Allayannis, George & Ofek, Eli, 2001. "Exchange rate exposure, hedging, and the use of foreign currency derivatives," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 273-296, April.
- Allayannis, George & Weston, James P, 2001. "The Use of Foreign Currency Derivatives and Firm Market Value," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 243-76.
- Uluc Aysun, 2006. "Testing for Balance Sheet Effects in Emerging Market Countries," Working papers 2006-28, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Yener Coskun, 2010. "Why Turkish Securities Firms Have Not Transformed to Full Service Investment Banks?: An Assessment For the Near Future of the Turkish Securities Firms Industry," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 12(46), pages 15-48.
- Bartram, Sohnke M. & Bodnar, Gordon M., 2006.
"Crossing the Lines: The Conditional Relation between Exchange Rate Exposure and Stock Returns in Emerging and Developed Markets,"
13064, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Nov 2008.
- Bartram, Söhnke M. & Bodnar, Gordon M., 2012. "Crossing the lines: The conditional relation between exchange rate exposure and stock returns in emerging and developed markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 766-792.
- Bartram, Söhnke M. & Bodnar, Gordon M., 2006. "Crossing the Lines: The Conditional Relation between Exchange Rate Exposure and Stock Returns in Emerging and Developed Markets," MPRA Paper 14018, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Nov 2008.
- David Parsley Helen Popper, 2002. "Exchange Rate Pegs and Foreign Exchange Exposure in East Asia," International Finance 0211001, EconWPA.
- Serkan Yilmaz Kandir & Ahmet Erismis, 2010. "Investigating Exchange Rate Exposure of Bank Shares: Empirical Evidence From ISE," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 12(46), pages 49-83.
- Ali Alp & Unsal Ban & Kartal Demirgunes & Saim Kilic, 2010. "Internal Determinants of Profitability in Turkish Banking Sector," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 12(46), pages 1-14.
- Dekle, Robert & Ryoo, Heajin H., 2007.
"Exchange rate fluctuations, financing constraints, hedging, and exports: Evidence from firm level data,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 437-451, December.
- Heajin Ryoo & Robert Dekle, 2004. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations, Financing Constraints, Hedging, and Exports: Evidence from Firm Level Data," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 20, Econometric Society.
- Dekle, Robert & Ryoo, Heajin, 2003. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations, Financing Constraints, Hedging, and Exports: Evidence from Firm Level Data," CEI Working Paper Series 2003-13, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- repec:bor:iserev:v:12:y:2012:i:46:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Parsley & Helen Popper, 2002. "Foreign Exchange Exposure and Exchange Rate Arrangements in East Asia," Working Papers 172002, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- repec:bor:iserev:v:12:y:2012:i:46:p:49-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Júnior, José L. R., 2008. "Exchange Rate Exposure, Foreign Currency Debt and the Use of Derivatives: Evidence from Brazil," Insper Working Papers wpe_141, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Felipe Morandé L. & Matías Tapia G., 2002. "Exchange Rate Policy in Chile: the Abandonment of the Band and the Floating Experience," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 5(3), pages 67-94, December.
- Mark, Joy, 2011. "Gold and the US dollar: Hedge or haven?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 120-131, September.
- Brian Lucey & Britta Berghöfer, 2013. "Fuel Hedging, Operational Hedging and Risk Exposure– Evidence from the Global Airline Industry," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp433, IIIS.
- repec:bor:iserev:v:12:y:2012:i:46:p:15-48 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.