Floating, Fixed, or Super-Fixed? Dollarization Joins the Menu of Exchange-Rate Options
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 90 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Production
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- P33 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - International Trade, Finance, Investment, Relations, and Aid
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Willem H. Buiter, 1999.
"The EMU and the NAMU: What is the Case for North American Monetary Union?,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(3), pages 285-305, September.
- Buiter, Willem H, 1999. "The EMU and the NAMU: What is the Case for North American Monetary Union?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2181, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 1995.
"The Mirage of Fixed Exchange Rates,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 73-96, Fall.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 1995. "The Mirage of Fixed Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 5191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 1995. "The mirage of fixed exchange rates," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 95-08, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Juan Luis Moreno-Villalaz, 1999. "Lessons from the Monetary Experience of Panama: A Dollar Economy with Financial Integration," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 18(3), pages 421-439, Winter.
- Robert Flood & Nancy Marion, 1998.
"Perspectives on the Recent Currency Crisis Literature,"
NBER Working Papers
6380, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Flood, Robert & Marion, Nancy, 1999. "Perspectives on the Recent Currency Crisis Literature," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Nancy P. Marion & Robert P. Flood, 1998. "Perspectives on the Recent Currency Crisis Literature," IMF Working Papers 98/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Rose, Andrew, 1999.
"One Money, One Market: Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade,"
678, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Andrew K. Rose, 1999. "One Money, One Market: Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade," NBER Working Papers 7432, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rose, Andrew K, 1999. "One Money, One Market: Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 2329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "No Single Currency Regime is Right for All Countries or At All Times," NBER Working Papers 7338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCallum, John, 1995. "National Borders Matter: Canada-U.S. Regional Trade Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 615-23, June.
- Francois R. Velde & Marcelo Veracierto, 1999.
"Dollarization in Argentina,"
Chicago Fed Letter,
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jun.
- Catherine L. Mann, 1999. "Market Mechanisms to Reduce the Need for IMF Bailouts," Policy Briefs PB99-04, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Michael D. Bordo & Anna J. Schwartz, 1997.
"Monetary Policy Regimes and Economic Performance: The Historical Record,"
NBER Working Papers
6201, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Schwartz, Anna J., 1999. "Monetary policy regimes and economic performance: The historical record," Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 149-234 Elsevier.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1993. "European Monetary Unification," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1321-57, September.
- John B. Taylor, 1999. "Monetary Policy Rules," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number tayl99-1.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2000. "When Capital Inflows Come to a Sudden Stop: Consequences and Policy Options," MPRA Paper 6982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joao Loureiro & Manuel m.f. Martins & Ana paula Ribeiro, 2010.
"Cape Verde: The Case For Euroisation,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(3), pages 248-268, 09.
- Daianu, Daniel & Vranceanu, Radu, 2003.
"Subduing High Inflation In Romania. How To Better Monetary And Exchange Rate Mechanisms?,"
Journal for Economic Forecasting,
Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 5-36, September.
- Daniel Daianu & Radu Vranceanu, 2001. "Subduing High Inflation in Romania: How to Better Monetary and Exchange Rate Mechanisms?," The wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 005, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Daniel Daianu & Radu Vranceanu, 2001. "Subduing High Inflation in Romania. How to Better Monetary and Exchange Rate Mechanisms?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 402, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Malliaris, A. G., 2002. "Global monetary instability: The role of the IMF, the EU and NAFTA," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 72-92, May.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2002010 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dominique Torre & Alain Raybaut, 2004. "Unions monétaires, caisses d'émission et dollarisation : les fondements analytiques des systèmes de change « ultra-fixes »," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 75(2), pages 37-54.
- Merih Uctum & Isamu Kato, 2004. "FIxed, Float or Intermediate? A Cross-COuntry Time Series Analysis Of Exchange Rate Regimes," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 291, Econometric Society.
- Davide Furceri & Georgios Karras, 2008. "Is the Middle East an Optimum Currency Area? A Comparison of Costs and Benefits," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 479-491, September.
- Kamin, Steven B. & Ericsson, Neil R., 2003. "Dollarization in post-hyperinflationary Argentina," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 185-211, April.
- Dellas, Harris & Tavlas, George S., 2001. "Lessons of the euro for dollarization: Analytic and political economy perspectives," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 333-345, April.
- Lange, Carsten & Sauer, Christine, 2005. "Dollarization in Latin America: seigniorage costs and policy implications," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-5), pages 662-679, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.