Testing the Information Structure of eastern European Markets: The Warsaw Stock Exchange
This paper investigates the content of the information set used by the agents in the Warsaw Stock Exchange--WSE. Three "candidate variables" are examined--consumers' prices, the zloty/US$ exchange rate and the refinancing rate of the National Bank of Poland--with respect to three WSE stocks, from different sectors of the economy. The methodology employed supposes that the innovations in the price series are orthogonal to all variables within or outside the information set. Beyond the question of how to specify the agents expectations, the WSE trading rules and the high volatility period present in all monthly price series were additional problems to render it operational. Given the solutions adopted, in only three out of the nine cases tested, it was possible to reject the null that the candidate did not belong to the information set. This is a signal that macroeconomic fundamentals are still absent from the WSE. Copyright 1997 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +44 (0)116 252 2887
Fax: +44 (0)116 252 2908
Web page: http://www.le.ac.uk/economics/ec.html
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.le.ac.uk/economics/research/dpseries.html|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marie Christine Adam & Ariane Szafarz, 1993.
"Speculative Bubbles and Financial Markets,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/665, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dufour, J-M., 1988.
"Non-Uniform Bounds For Nonparametric T Tests,"
Cahiers de recherche
8820, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Dufour, J.M., 1988. "Non-Uniform Bounds for Nonparametric T Tests," Cahiers de recherche 8820, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Marc Hallin & Jean-Marie Dufour, 1991. "Nonuniform bounds for nonparametric t-tests," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2027, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Renato Flôres & Marcos de B. Monteiro & Ariane Szafarz, 1994.
"Exchange rate volatility in high-inflation economies: an econometric study of Poland and Brazil,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/693, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Flores, Renato G, Jr & Monteiro, Marcos de B & Szafarz, Ariane, 1994. " Exchange Rate Volatility in High Inflation Economies: An Econometric Study of Poland and Brazil," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 277-92.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wuk:leiapm:96/7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WoPEc Project)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.