Export-led Industrialisation, Employment and Equity: Then Malaysian Case
Malaysia is undoubtedly a development success story. Over the past decade or so rapid economic growth through export-led industrialisation has been accompanied by rising living standards and improvement in the distribution of income, ameliorating the twin problems of poverty and racial imbalances. The key lesson to come from the Malaysian experience is that in a small open economy, the task of achieving the apparently conflicting objectives of growth and equity is facilitated by a long-term commitment to outward-oriented trade and industrial policies.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Aug 1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mazumdar, Dipak, 1993. "Labor Markets and Adjustment in Open Asian Economies: The Republic of Korea and Malaysia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(3), pages 349-380, September.
- Sanjaya Lall, 1995. "Malaysia: Industrial success and the role of the government," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 759-773, 09.
- Premachandra Athukorala & Jayant Menon, 1995. "Developing with Foreign Investment: Malaysia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 28(1), pages 9-22.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:anuetd:9605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.