Internal migration in Ghana : determinants and welfare impacts
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Charles Ackah & Denis Medvedev, 2012. "Internal migration in Ghana: determinants and welfare impacts," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(10), pages 764-784, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr. & Cuecuecha, Alfredo & Page, John, 2008. "The impact of remittances on poverty and inequality in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4732, The World Bank.
- Stark, Oded, 2003. "Tales Of Migration Without Wage Differentials: Individual, Family, And Community Contexts," Discussion Papers 18743, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Slawa Rokicki & Livia Montana & Günther Fink, 2014.
"Impact of Migration on Fertility and Abortion: Evidence From the Household and Welfare Study of Accra,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(6), pages 2229-2254, December.
- Slawa Rokicki & Livia Montana & Gunther Fink, "undated". "Impact of Migration on Fertility and Abortion: Evidence from the Household and Welfare Study of Accra," Working Paper 176371, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- repec:oup:cesifo:v:63:y:2017:i:4:p:529-559. is not listed on IDEAS
- Coxhead, Ian & Vu, Linh & Nguyen, Cuong, 2016. "Migration in Vietnam: New Evidence from Recent Surveys," MPRA Paper 70217, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Tsegai & Quang Bao Le, 2011. "District-level spatial analysis of migration flows in Ghana: determinants and implications for policy," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 87-100, June.
- Shashidhara Kolavalli & Elizabeth Robinson & Guyslain Ngeleza & Felix Asante, 2012.
"Economic Transformation in Ghana: Where Will the Path Lead?,"
Journal of African Development,
African Finance and Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 41-78.
- Kolavalli, Shashi & Robinson, Elizabeth J. Z. & Diao, Xinshen & Alpuerto, Vida & Folledo, Renato & Slavova, Mira & Ngeleza, Guyslain K. & Asante, Felix Ankomah, 2012. "Economic transformation in Ghana: Where will the path lead?," IFPRI discussion papers 1161, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:eee:socmed:v:184:y:2017:i:c:p:27-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:150:y:2018:i:c:p:132-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:4:p:1075-:d:139572 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Brauw, Alan & Mueller, Valerie & Lee, Hak Lim, 2014. "The Role of Rural–Urban Migration in the Structural Transformation of Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 33-42.
- Alain Kikandi Kiuma & Christian Kamala Kaghoma & Joelle Mukenyi Kalala & Allegra Kabamba Mbuyi, 2015. "Mobilité interne et entrepreneuriat des jeunes en République démocratique du Congo," Working Papers PMMA 2015-07, PEP-PMMA.
- World Bank, 2011. "Tackling Poverty in Northern Ghana," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2755, The World Bank.
- Isabelle Chort & Philippe De Vreyer & Thomas Zuber, 2017. "Gendered internal migration patterns in Senegal," Working Papers DT/2017/02, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
More about this item
KeywordsPopulation Policies; Anthropology; Gender and Development; Remittances; Voluntary and Involuntary Resettlement;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-05-22 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-05-22 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2010-05-22 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .