A Benchmark Model for Financial Markets
This paper introduces a benchmark model for financial markets, which is based on the unique characterization of a benchmark portfolio that is chosen to be the growth optimal portfolio. The general structure of risk premia for asset prices as an average of appreciation rates. The benchmark model is shown to be locally arbitrage free, however, it still permits some form of arbitrage. Finally, a subclass of arbitrage free contingent claim prices is derived.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Platen, Eckhard, 2000.
"A minimal financial market model,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2000,91, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1997. "The Potential Approach to the Term Structure of Interest Rates and Foreign Exchange Rates," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 157-176.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-87, September.
- Buhlmann, H., 1992. "Stochastic discounting," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 113-127, August.
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.