Block Sampler and Posterior Mode Estimation for a Nonlinear and Non-Gaussian State-Space Model with Correlated Errors
In a linear Gaussian state-space time series analysis, a disturbance smoother and a simula-tion smoother are widely used procedures for smoothing and sampling state or disturbance vectors given observations. Several smoothing procedures are also proposed for a non-Gaussian observation process. However, it is assumed that a state equation is linear and that an observation vector and a state vector are conditionally independent. These as-sumptions often need to be relaxed in the analysis of real data. Thus this article considers a general state-space model with a non-Gaussian observation process and a nonlinear state equation where an observation vector and a state vector are allowed to be dependent. We describe a disturbance smoother and a simulation smoother for such models and give numerical examples using simulated data and real data.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||May 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033|
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew D. Sanford & Gael M. Martin, 2003. "Simulation-Based Bayesian Estimation of Affine Term Structure Models," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 15/03, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- J. Durbin, 2002. "A simple and efficient simulation smoother for state space time series analysis," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(3), pages 603-616, August.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1998. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference and Comparison with ARCH Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 361-393.
- Sanford, Andrew D. & Martin, Gael M., 2005. "Simulation-based Bayesian estimation of an affine term structure model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 527-554, April.
- Fahrmeir, Ludwig & Wagenpfeil, Stefan, 1997. "Penalized likelihood estimation and iterative Kalman smoothing for non-Gaussian dynamic regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 295-320, May.
- Hisashi Tanizaki, 2001. "Nonlinear and Non-Gaussian State Space Modeling Using Sampling Techniques," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 53(1), pages 63-81, March.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G. & Rossi, P.E.Peter E., 2004. "Bayesian analysis of stochastic volatility models with fat-tails and correlated errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 185-212, September.
- Durbin, J. & Koopman, S.J.M., 1998.
"Time Series Analysis of Non-Gaussian Observations Based on State Space Models from Both Classical and Bayesian Perspectives,"
1998-142, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- J. Durbin & S. J. Koopman, 2000. "Time series analysis of non-Gaussian observations based on state space models from both classical and Bayesian perspectives," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(1), pages 3-56.
- Harvey, Andrew C & Shephard, Neil, 1996. "Estimation of an Asymmetric Stochastic Volatility Model for Asset Returns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 429-34, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2003cf221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.