Do Stepping Stone Jobs exist? Early Career Paths in the Medical Profession
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Anders Holm & Jan C. van Ours, 2002. "Do stepping-stone jobs exist? Early career paths in the medical profession," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 15(4), pages 647-665.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Høgelund, Jan & Holm, Anders & McIntosh, James, 2010. "Does graded return-to-work improve sick-listed workers' chance of returning to regular working hours?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 158-169, January.
- Marloes de Graaf-Zijl & Gerard van den Berg & Arjan Heyma, 2011.
"Stepping stones for the unemployed: the effect of temporary jobs on the duration until (regular) work,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 107-139, January.
- Zijl, Marloes & van den Berg, Gerard J. & Heyma, Arjan, 2004. "Stepping Stones for the Unemployed: The Effect of Temporary Jobs on the Duration until Regular Work," IZA Discussion Papers 1241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zijl, Marloes & van den Berg, Gerard J & Heyma, Arjan, 2004. "Stepping-stones for the unemployed: The effect of temporary jobs on the duration until regular work," Working Paper Series 2004:19, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Boockmann, Bernhard & Hagen, Tobias, 2008.
"Fixed-term contracts as sorting mechanisms: Evidence from job durations in West Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 984-1005, October.
- Boockmann, Bernhard & Hagen, Tobias, 2005. "Fixed-term Contracts as Sorting Mechanisms: Evidence From Job Durations in West Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-85, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Maciej Bukowski & Grzegorz Koloch & Piotr Lewandowski & Anna Baranowska & Iga Magda & Arkadiusz Szydlowski & Jacek Bielinski & Magdalena Bober & Malgorzata Sarzalska & Julian Zawistowski, 2008.
"Employment in Poland 2007. Security on a Flexible Labour Market,"
Books and Reports published by IBS,
Instytut Badan Strukturalnych, number zwp2007 edited by Maciej Bukowski.
- Bukowski, Maciej & Lewandowski, Piotr & Koloch, Grzegorz & Baranowska, Anna & Magda, Iga & Szydlowski, Arkadiusz & Bober, Magda & Bieliński, Jacek & Zawistowski, Julian & Sarzalska, Malgorzata, 2008. "Employment in Poland 2007: Security on flexible labour market," MPRA Paper 14284, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brösamle, Klaus J & Nordström Skans, Oskar, 2011.
"Paths to higher office: evidence from the Swedish Civil Service,"
Working Paper Series, Center for Labor Studies
2011:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Nordström Skans, Oskar & J. Brösamle, Klaus, 2011. "Paths to higher office: evidence from the Swedish Civil Service," Working Paper Series 2011:13, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Elena Casquel & Antoni Cunyat, "undated". "The Welfare Cost of Business Cycles in an Economy with Nonclearing Markets," Working Papers 2005-19, FEDEA.
- Bruno Crépon & Muriel Dejemeppe & Marc Gurgand, 2005.
"Counseling the Unemployed : Does it Lower Unemployment Duration and Recurrence ?,"
2005-23, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Bruno Crépon & Muriel Dejemeppe & Marc Gurgand, 2005. "Counseling the unemployed: does it lower unemployment duration and recurrence?," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590769, HAL.
- Bruno, CREPON & Muriel, DEJEMEPPE & Marc, GURGAND, 2005. "Counseling the unemployed : does it lower unemployment duration and recurrence ?," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005034, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Crépon, Bruno & Dejemeppe, Muriel & Gurgand, Marc, 2005. "Counseling the Unemployed: Does It Lower Unemployment Duration and Recurrence?," IZA Discussion Papers 1796, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jaap Abbring & James Heckman, 2008. "Dynamic policy analysis," CeMMAP working papers CWP05/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Marco Manacorda & Furio Camillo Rosati & Marco Ranzani & Giuseppe Dachille, 2017.
"Pathways from school to work in the developing world,"
IZA Journal of Labor & Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 6(1), pages 1-40, December.
- Manacorda, Marco & Rosati, Furio C. & Ranzani, Marco & Dachille, Giuseppe, 2015. "Pathways from School to Work in the Developing World," IZA Discussion Papers 9456, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Manacorda, Marco & Rosati, Furio Camillo & Ranzani, Marco & Dachille, Giuseppe, 2017. "Pathways from school to work in the developing world," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69212, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Caliendo, Marco & Künn, Steffen & Uhlendorff, Arne, 2012.
"Marginal Employment, Unemployment Duration and Job Match Quality,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6499, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Steffen Künn & Arne Uhlendorff, 2012. "Marginal Employment, Unemployment Duration and Job Match Quality," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1222, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Judith Semeijn & Rolf van der Velden & Hans Heijke & Cees van der Vleuten & Henny Boshuizen, 2005.
"The Role of Education in Selection and Allocation in the Labour Market: An Empirical Study in the Medical Field,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 449-477.
- Semeijn Judith & Velden Rrolf van der & Heijke Hans & Vleuten Cees van der & Boshuizen Els, 2004. "The role of education in selection and allocation on the labour market; An empirical study in the medical field," ROA Research Memorandum 002, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Mussida Chiara & Sciulli Dario, 2015. "Flexibility Policies and Re-employment Probabilities in Italy," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 15(2), pages 621-651, April.
- Dario Sciulli, 2013. "On-the-job-training contracts in Italy: Training or flexibility device?," Cuadernos de Economía - Spanish Journal of Economics and Finance, Asociación Cuadernos de Economía, vol. 36(102), pages 179-194, Diciembre.
- Stijn Baert & Freddy Heylen & Daan Isebaert, 2014.
"Does Homeownership Lead to Longer Unemployment Spells? The Role of Mortgage Payments,"
Springer, vol. 162(3), pages 263-286, September.
- S. Baert & F. Heylen & D. Isebaert, 2013. "Does homeownership lead to longer unemployment spells? The role of mortgage payments," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/858, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Baert, Stijn & Heylen, Freddy & Isebaert, Daan, 2013. "Does Homeownership Lead to Longer Unemployment Spells? The Role of Mortgage Payments," IZA Discussion Papers 7774, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cerulli-Harms, Annette, 2017. "Generation Internship: The Impact of Internships on Early Labour Market Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 11163, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sciulli, Dario, 2006. "Making the italian labor market more flexible: an evaluation of the treu reform," UC3M Working papers. Economics we063408, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Florent Fremigacci & Antoine Terracol, 2013.
"Subsidized temporary jobs: lock-in and stepping stone effects,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(33), pages 4719-4732, November.
- Florent Fremigacciy & Antoine Terracol, 2009. "Subsidized temporary jobs: lock-in and stepping stone effects," Documents de recherche 09-10, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Florent Fremigacci & Antoine Terracol, 2013. "Subsidized temporary jobs: lock-in and stepping stone effects," Post-Print hal-01385894, HAL.
- Antoine Terracol & Florent Fremigacci, 2013. "Subsidized temporary jobs: lock-in and stepping stone effects," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00969150, HAL.
- Bruno Crépon & Muriel Dejemeppe & Marc Gurgand, 2005. "Counseling the unemployed: does it lower unemployment duration and recurrence?," Working Papers halshs-00590769, HAL.
- Hagen, Tobias, 2003. "Do Fixed-Term Contracts Increase the Long-Term Employment Opportunities of the Unemployed?," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-49, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Imanol Nunez & Ilias Livanos, 2015. "Temps “by choice”? An Investigation of the Reasons Behind Temporary Employment Among Young Workers in Europe," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 44-66, March.
- Cécile Detang-Dessendre & Sonia Bellit, 2013. "Les trajectoires professionnelles des salariés agricoles / Career paths of agricultural workers," INRA UMR CESAER Working Papers 2013/3, INRA UMR CESAER, Centre d'’Economie et Sociologie appliquées à l'’Agriculture et aux Espaces Ruraux.
- Jaap H. Abbring, 2006. "The Event-History Approach to Program Evaluation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-057/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 29 Oct 2007.
- Chalmers, J. & Kalb, G., 2000. "Are Casual Jobs a Freeway to Permanent Employment?," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 8/00, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Jan Høgelund, & Anders Holm & James McIntosh, 2009. "Does graded return to work improve disabled workers’ labor market attachment?," CAM Working Papers 2009-06, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Geerdsen, Lars Pico & Holm, Anders, 2007. "Duration of UI periods and the perceived threat effect from labour market programmes," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 639-652, June.
More about this item
Keywordsjob search; multivariate duration models; hazard rate; education; university; treatment effect;
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-1999-07-28 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-1999-07-28 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-1999-09-01 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:19990041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .