Do stepping-stone jobs exist? Early career paths in the medical profession
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Anders Holm & Jan C. van Ours, 1999. "Do Stepping Stone Jobs exist? Early Career Paths in the Medical Profession," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-041/3, Tinbergen Institute.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cerulli-Harms, Annette, 2017. "Generation Internship: The Impact of Internships on Early Labour Market Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 11163, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sciulli, Dario, 2006. "Making the italian labor market more flexible: an evaluation of the treu reform," UC3M Working papers. Economics we063408, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Høgelund, Jan & Holm, Anders & McIntosh, James, 2010. "Does graded return-to-work improve sick-listed workers' chance of returning to regular working hours?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 158-169, January.
- Marloes de Graaf-Zijl & Gerard van den Berg & Arjan Heyma, 2011.
"Stepping stones for the unemployed: the effect of temporary jobs on the duration until (regular) work,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 107-139, January.
- Zijl, Marloes & van den Berg, Gerard J. & Heyma, Arjan, 2004. "Stepping Stones for the Unemployed: The Effect of Temporary Jobs on the Duration until Regular Work," IZA Discussion Papers 1241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zijl, Marloes & van den Berg, Gerard J & Heyma, Arjan, 2004. "Stepping-stones for the unemployed: The effect of temporary jobs on the duration until regular work," Working Paper Series 2004:19, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Florent Fremigacci & Antoine Terracol, 2013.
"Subsidized temporary jobs: lock-in and stepping stone effects,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(33), pages 4719-4732, November.
- Florent Fremigacciy & Antoine Terracol, 2009. "Subsidized temporary jobs: lock-in and stepping stone effects," Documents de recherche 09-10, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Florent Fremigacci & Antoine Terracol, 2013. "Subsidized temporary jobs: lock-in and stepping stone effects," Post-Print hal-01385894, HAL.
- Antoine Terracol & Florent Fremigacci, 2013. "Subsidized temporary jobs: lock-in and stepping stone effects," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00969150, HAL.
- Boockmann, Bernhard & Hagen, Tobias, 2008.
"Fixed-term contracts as sorting mechanisms: Evidence from job durations in West Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 984-1005, October.
- Boockmann, Bernhard & Hagen, Tobias, 2005. "Fixed-term Contracts as Sorting Mechanisms: Evidence From Job Durations in West Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-85, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Maciej Bukowski & Grzegorz Koloch & Piotr Lewandowski & Anna Baranowska & Iga Magda & Arkadiusz Szydlowski & Jacek Bielinski & Magdalena Bober & Malgorzata Sarzalska & Julian Zawistowski, 2008.
"Employment in Poland 2007. Security on a Flexible Labour Market,"
Books and Reports published by IBS,
Instytut Badan Strukturalnych, number zwp2007 edited by Maciej Bukowski.
- Bukowski, Maciej & Lewandowski, Piotr & Koloch, Grzegorz & Baranowska, Anna & Magda, Iga & Szydlowski, Arkadiusz & Bober, Magda & Bieliński, Jacek & Zawistowski, Julian & Sarzalska, Malgorzata, 2008. "Employment in Poland 2007: Security on flexible labour market," MPRA Paper 14284, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brösamle, Klaus J & Nordström Skans, Oskar, 2011.
"Paths to higher office: evidence from the Swedish Civil Service,"
Working Paper Series, Center for Labor Studies
2011:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Nordström Skans, Oskar & J. Brösamle, Klaus, 2011. "Paths to higher office: evidence from the Swedish Civil Service," Working Paper Series 2011:13, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Elena Casquel & Antoni Cunyat, "undated". "The Welfare Cost of Business Cycles in an Economy with Nonclearing Markets," Working Papers 2005-19, FEDEA.
- Bruno, CREPON & Muriel, DEJEMEPPE & Marc, GURGAND, 2005.
"Counseling the unemployed : does it lower unemployment duration and recurrence ?,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques)
2005034, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Bruno Crépon & Muriel Dejemeppe & Marc Gurgand, 2005. "Counseling the unemployed: does it lower unemployment duration and recurrence?," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590769, HAL.
- Crépon, Bruno & Dejemeppe, Muriel & Gurgand, Marc, 2005. "Counseling the Unemployed: Does It Lower Unemployment Duration and Recurrence?," IZA Discussion Papers 1796, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bruno Crépon & Muriel Dejemeppe & Marc Gurgand, 2005. "Counseling the Unemployed : Does it Lower Unemployment Duration and Recurrence ?," Working Papers 2005-23, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Jaap Abbring & James Heckman, 2008. "Dynamic policy analysis," CeMMAP working papers CWP05/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Marco Manacorda & Furio Camillo Rosati & Marco Ranzani & Giuseppe Dachille, 2017.
"Pathways from school to work in the developing world,"
IZA Journal of Labor & Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 6(1), pages 1-40, December.
- Manacorda, Marco & Rosati, Furio C. & Ranzani, Marco & Dachille, Giuseppe, 2015. "Pathways from School to Work in the Developing World," IZA Discussion Papers 9456, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Manacorda, Marco & Rosati, Furio Camillo & Ranzani, Marco & Dachille, Giuseppe, 2017. "Pathways from school to work in the developing world," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69212, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bruno Crépon & Muriel Dejemeppe & Marc Gurgand, 2005. "Counseling the unemployed: does it lower unemployment duration and recurrence?," Working Papers halshs-00590769, HAL.
- Caliendo, Marco & Künn, Steffen & Uhlendorff, Arne, 2012.
"Marginal Employment, Unemployment Duration and Job Match Quality,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6499, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Caliendo & Steffen Künn & Arne Uhlendorff, 2012. "Marginal Employment, Unemployment Duration and Job Match Quality," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1222, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hagen, Tobias, 2003. "Do Fixed-Term Contracts Increase the Long-Term Employment Opportunities of the Unemployed?," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-49, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Imanol Nunez & Ilias Livanos, 2015. "Temps “by choice”? An Investigation of the Reasons Behind Temporary Employment Among Young Workers in Europe," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 44-66, March.
- Cécile Detang-Dessendre & Sonia Bellit, 2013. "Les trajectoires professionnelles des salariés agricoles / Career paths of agricultural workers," INRA UMR CESAER Working Papers 2013/3, INRA UMR CESAER, Centre d'’Economie et Sociologie appliquées à l'’Agriculture et aux Espaces Ruraux.
- Judith Semeijn & Rolf van der Velden & Hans Heijke & Cees van der Vleuten & Henny Boshuizen, 2005.
"The Role of Education in Selection and Allocation in the Labour Market: An Empirical Study in the Medical Field,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 449-477.
- Semeijn Judith & Velden Rrolf van der & Heijke Hans & Vleuten Cees van der & Boshuizen Els, 2004. "The role of education in selection and allocation on the labour market; An empirical study in the medical field," ROA Research Memorandum 002, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Mussida Chiara & Sciulli Dario, 2015. "Flexibility Policies and Re-employment Probabilities in Italy," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 15(2), pages 621-651, April.
- Jaap H. Abbring, 2006. "The Event-History Approach to Program Evaluation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-057/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 29 Oct 2007.
- Dario Sciulli, 2013. "On-the-job-training contracts in Italy: Training or flexibility device?," Cuadernos de Economía - Spanish Journal of Economics and Finance, ELSEVIER, vol. 36(102), pages 179-194, Diciembre.
- Stijn Baert & Freddy Heylen & Daan Isebaert, 2014.
"Does Homeownership Lead to Longer Unemployment Spells? The Role of Mortgage Payments,"
Springer, vol. 162(3), pages 263-286, September.
- Baert, Stijn & Heylen, Freddy & Isebaert, Daan, 2013. "Does Homeownership Lead to Longer Unemployment Spells? The Role of Mortgage Payments," IZA Discussion Papers 7774, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- S. Baert & F. Heylen & D. Isebaert, 2013. "Does homeownership lead to longer unemployment spells? The role of mortgage payments," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/858, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Chalmers, J. & Kalb, G., 2000. "Are Casual Jobs a Freeway to Permanent Employment?," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 8/00, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Jan Høgelund, & Anders Holm & James McIntosh, 2009. "Does graded return to work improve disabled workers’ labor market attachment?," CAM Working Papers 2009-06, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Geerdsen, Lars Pico & Holm, Anders, 2007. "Duration of UI periods and the perceived threat effect from labour market programmes," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 639-652, June.
More about this item
KeywordsJob search; multivariate duration models; hazard rate; education; university; treatment effect;
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:15:y:2002:i:4:p:647-665. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.