Residential Property Prices in a Sub-Market of South Africa: Separating Real Growth from Attribute Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arguea, Nestor M. & Hsiao, Cheng, 1993.
"Econometric issues of estimating hedonic price functions : With an application to the U.S. market for automobiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 243-267, March.
- Arguea, N.M. & Hsiao, C., 1992. "Econometric Issues of Estimating Hedonic Price Functions- with an Application to the U.S. Market for Automobiles," Papers 9203, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Edward Oczkowski, 1994.
"A Hedonic Price Function For Australian Premium Table Wine,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 38(1), pages 93-110, April.
- Oczkowski, Edward A., 1994. "A Hedonic Price Function For Australian Premium Table Wine," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 38(01), April.
- Oczkowski, Edward A., 1993. "A Hedonic Price Function for Australian Premium Table Wine," 1993 Conference (37th), February 9-11, 1993, Sydney, Australia 147769, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1995. "Hedonic price functions and the measurement of preferences: The case of Swedish wine consumers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1697-1716, December.
- Marco Costanigro & Jill J. McCluskey & Ron C. Mittelhammer, 2007. "Segmenting the Wine Market Based on Price: Hedonic Regression when Different Prices mean Different Products," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 454-466, September.
- Combris, Pierre & Lecocq, Sebastien & Visser, Michael, 1997. "Estimation for a Hedonic Price Equation for Bordeaux Wine: Does Quality Matter?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 390-402, March.
- Brachinger, Hans Wolfgang, 2002. "Statistical Theory of Hedonic Price Indices," DQE Working Papers 1, Department of Quantitative Economics, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland, revised Aug 2003.
- A. Golan & H. Shalit, 1993. "Wine Quality Differentials In Hedonic Grape Pricing," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 311-321.
- Lecocq, Sébastien & Visser, Michael, 2006. "What Determines Wine Prices: Objective vs. Sensory Characteristics," Journal of Wine Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 42-56, March.
- Oczkowski, Edward, 2001. "Hedonic Wine Price Functions and Measurement Error," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 77(239), pages 374-382, December.
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1987. "The Estimation of Demand Parameters in Hedonic Price Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Terry Baker, 1997. "Quality-adjusted price indexes for portable computers," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1115-1123.
- Landon, Stuart & Smith, Constance, 1997. "The Use of Quality and Reputation Indicators by Consumers: The Case of Bordeaux Wine," MPRA Paper 9283, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halvorsen, Robert & Palmquist, Raymond, 1980. "The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 474-475, June.
More about this item
KeywordsHedonic pricing; Housing market; Growth rates;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2008-08-21 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2008-08-21 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2008-08-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Melt van Schoor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.