Ricardo the ‘Logician’ versus Tooke the ‘Empiricist’: on their different vital contributions to classical economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Charles M. A. Clark, 2021. "Editor’s Introduction: Economics and the Option for the Poor," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 80(4), pages 1051-1059, September.
- Bellemare, Marc F. & Barrett, Christopher B., 2003. "An Asset Risk Theory of Share Tenancy," Working Papers 127203, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Carbonnier Cl´ement, 2014.
"The incidence of non-linear consumption taxes,"
Научный результат. Серия «Экономические исследования», CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное автономное образовательное учреждение высшего образования «Белгородский государственный национальный исследовательский университет», issue 1, pages 5-18.
- Clément Carbonnier, 2013. "The Incidence of Non-Linear Consumption Taxes," THEMA Working Papers 2013-19, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Clément Carbonnier, 2013. "The Incidence of Non-Linear Consumption Taxes," Working Papers halshs-00872474, HAL.
- White, Reilly & Marinakis, Yorgos & Islam, Nazrul & Walsh, Steven, 2020. "Is Bitcoin a currency, a technology-based product, or something else?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 151(C).
- Ashraf, Junaid & Uddin, Shahzad, 2016. "New public management, cost savings and regressive effects: A case from a less developed country," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 18-33.
- Çağatay Bircan & Ralph De Haas, 2020.
"The Limits of Lending? Banks and Technology Adoption across Russia,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 33(2), pages 536-609.
- Bircan, Cagatay & de Haas, R., 2015. "The Limits of Lending : Banks and Technology Adoption Across Russia," Other publications TiSEM d7a436de-83f6-4551-aaf9-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Çagatay Bircan & Ralph de Haas, 2015. "The Limits of Lending: Banks and Technology Adoption across Russia," CESifo Working Paper Series 5461, CESifo.
- Bircan, Cagatay & de Haas, R., 2015. "The Limits of Lending : Banks and Technology Adoption Across Russia," Other publications TiSEM 8bd438b2-0e15-4fed-afc4-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bircan, Cagatay & de Haas, R., 2015. "The Limits of Lending : Banks and Technology Adoption Across Russia," Discussion Paper 2015-011, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bircan, Cagatay & de Haas, Ralph, 2019. "The Limits of Lending? Banks and Technology Adoption across Russia," CEPR Discussion Papers 13663, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adamson, Jordan, 2020. "Political institutions, resources, and war: Theory and evidence from ancient Rome," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Figge, Frank & Hahn, Tobias & Barkemeyer, Ralf, 2014. "The If, How and Where of assessing sustainable resource use," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 274-283.
- Hu, Yue & Liu, Chang & Peng, Jiangang, 2021. "Financial inclusion and agricultural total factor productivity growth in China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 68-82.
- Timothy Johnson, 2015. "Reciprocity as a Foundation of Financial Economics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 43-67, September.
- Gilles, Robert P. & Pesce, Marialaura & Diamantaras, Dimitrios, 2020.
"The provision of collective goods through a social division of labour,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 287-312.
- Robert P. Gilles & Maria Laura Pesce & Dimitrios Diamantaras, 2017. "The Provision of Collective Goods Through a Social Division of Labour," CSEF Working Papers 469, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 08 Apr 2019.
- Felfe, Christina & Hsin, Amy, 2012. "Maternal work conditions and child development," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1037-1057.
- Soete, Luc & Verspagen, Bart & ter Weel, Bas, 2010.
"Systems of Innovation,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 1159-1180,
- Soete, Luc & Verspagen, Bart & Weel, Bas ter, 2009. "Systems of Innovation," MERIT Working Papers 2009-062, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Bas ter Weel & L. Soete & B. Verspagen, 2010. "Systems of innovation," CPB Discussion Paper 138, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Javier Portillo & Walter Block, 2012. "Anti-Discrimination Laws: Undermining Our Rights," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(2), pages 209-217, August.
- Richard M. Robinson, 2018. "Friendships of Virtue, Pursuit of the Moral Community, and the Ends of Business," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 151(1), pages 85-100, August.
- Stern, David I., 1997. "Limits to substitution and irreversibility in production and consumption: A neoclassical interpretation of ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 197-215, June.
- Andrew West, 1999. "The Flute Factory: An Empirical Measurement of the Effect of the Division of Labor on Productivity and Production Cost," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 43(1), pages 82-87, March.
- Hamilton,Kirk E. & Helliwell,John F. & Woolcock,Michael, 2016.
"Social capital, trust, and well-being in the evaluation of wealth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
7707, The World Bank.
- Kirk Hamilton & John F. Helliwell & Michael Woolcock, 2016. "Social Capital, Trust and Well-being in the Evaluation of Wealth," NBER Working Papers 22556, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Leroch & C. Reggiani & G. Rossini & E. Zucchelli, 2012.
"Religious attitudes and home bias: theory and evidence from a pilot study,"
wp811, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Martin Leroch & Carlo Reggiani & Gianpaolo Rossini & Eugenio Zucchelli, 2012. "Religious attitudes and home bias: theory and evidence from a pilot study," Economics Discussion Paper Series 1206, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Edwards, Chase J. & Bendickson, Joshua S. & Baker, Brent L. & Solomon, Shelby J., 2020. "Entrepreneurship within the history of marketing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 259-267.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2014-12-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2014-12-03 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2014-12-03 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:syd:wpaper:2014-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deusyau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Vanessa Holcombe (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deusyau.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.