The regional electricity generation mix in Scotland: A portfolio selection approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Allan, Grant & Eromenko, Igor & McGregor, Peter & Swales, Kim, 2010. "The regional electricity generation mix in Scotland: A portfolio selection approach," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-42, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
References listed on IDEAS
- Siddharth Chandra, 2002. "A Test of the Regional Growth-Instability Frontier Using State Data," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(3), pages 442-462.
- Saunders, Harry D., 1984. "On the inevitable return of higher oil prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 310-320, September.
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Manfredo, Mark R. & Boris, Keith, 2009. "Evaluating information in multiple horizon forecasts: The DOE's energy price forecasts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 189-196.
- H. Brett Humphreys & Katherine T. McClain, 1998. "Reducing the Impacts of Energy Price Volatility Through Dynamic Portfolio Selection," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 107-131.
- van Ruijven, Bas & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2009. "Oil and natural gas prices and greenhouse gas emission mitigation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4797-4808, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de-Llano Paz, Fernando & Antelo, Susana Iglesias & Calvo Silvosa, Anxo & Soares, Isabel, 2014. "The technological and environmental efficiency of the EU-27 power mix: An evaluation based on MPT," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 67-81.
- Chuang, Ming Chih & Ma, Hwong Wen, 2013. "Energy security and improvements in the function of diversity indices—Taiwan energy supply structure case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 9-20.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity generation mix; portfolio theory; regional energy policy;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2010-04-17 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-04-17 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:str:wpaper:1010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kirsty Hall). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edstruk.html .