Should Access to Credit be a Right ?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marek Hudon, 2009. "Should Access to Credit be a Right?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 84(1), pages 17-28, January.
- Marek Hudon, 2009. "Should access to credit be a right?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14210, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
References listed on IDEAS
- P. B. Anand, 2007. "Right to water and access to water: an assessment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 511-526.
- Marek Hudon, 2007. "Fair interest rates when lending to the poor," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14204, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Labie & Anaïs A Périlleux, 2008. "Corporate governance in microfinance: credit unions," Working Papers CEB 08-003.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pretes, Michael, 2002. "Microequity and Microfinance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1341-1353, August.
- Rahman, Aminur, 1999. "Micro-credit initiatives for equitable and sustainable development: Who pays?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-82, January.
- Gauri, Varun, 2004.
"Social Rights and Economics: Claims to Health Care and Education in Developing Countries,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 465-477, March.
- Gauri, Varun, 2003. "Social rights and economics : claims to health care and education in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3006, The World Bank.
- Anand, P B, 2007. "Right to water and access to water," MPRA Paper 47437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Norbert Brunner & Vijay Mishra & Ponnusamy Sakthivel & Markus Starkl & Christof Tschohl, 2015. "The Human Right to Water in Law and Implementation," Laws, MDPI, vol. 4(3), pages 1-59, August.
- Machiko Nissanke, 2002. "Donors' Support for Microcredit as Social Enterprise: A Critical Reappraisal," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2002-127, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chliova, Myrto & Brinckmann, Jan & Rosenbusch, Nina, 2015. "Is microcredit a blessing for the poor? A meta-analysis examining development outcomes and contextual considerations," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 467-487.
- Hilson, Gavin & Ackah-Baidoo, Abigail, 2011. "Can Microcredit Services Alleviate Hardship in African Small-scale Mining Communities?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1191-1203, July.
- Jennis J. BISER & Jeffrey A. EDWARDS, 2012. "Civil Liberties and Access to Water: Analysis of 193 Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 12(1).
- Arvind Ashta & Marek Hudon, 2009. "To whom should we be fair? Ethical issues in Balancing Stakeholder Interests from Banco Compartamos Case Study," Working Papers CEB 09-036.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mader, Philip, 2011. "Making the poor pay for public goods via microfinance: Economic and political pitfalls in the case of water and sanitation," MPIfG Discussion Paper 11/14, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Juan Francisco Casero-Cepeda & Dani Catalá-Pérez & Antonio Cano-Orellana, 2022. "Design and Application of a Citizen Participation Tool to Improve Public Management of Drought Situations," Land, MDPI, vol. 11(10), pages 1-11, October.
- Amvella Motaze, Serge Patrick, 2022. "The determinants of the lending interest rate in a cost-based approach: Theoretical model and empirical analysis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 36-51.
- Bhuiyan, Muhammad Faress & Ivlevs, Artjoms, 2019.
"Micro-entrepreneurship and subjective well-being: Evidence from rural Bangladesh,"
Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 625-645.
- Faress Bhuiyan, Muhammad & Ivlevs, Artjoms, 2018. "Micro-Entrepreneurship and Subjective Well-Being: Evidence from Rural Bangladesh," IZA Discussion Papers 11819, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- M. Jahangir Alam Chowdhury & Dipak Ghosh & Robert E. Wright, 2005. "The impact of micro-credit on poverty: evidence from Bangladesh," Progress in Development Studies, , vol. 5(4), pages 298-309, October.
- Islam, Asadul & Nguyen, Chau & Smyth, Russell, 2015.
"Does microfinance change informal lending in village economies? Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 141-156.
- Asad Islam & Chau Nguyen & Russell Smyth, 2014. "Does microfinance change informal lending in village economies? Evidence from Bangladesh," Monash Economics Working Papers 16-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- D’Espallier, Bert & Goedecke, Jann & Hudon, Marek & Mersland, Roy, 2017.
"From NGOs to Banks: Does Institutional Transformation Alter the Business Model of Microfinance Institutions?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 19-33.
- Bert D'Espallier & Jann Goedecke & Marek Hudon & Roy Mersland, 2016. "From NGOs to banks: Does institutional transformation alter the business model of microfinance institutions?," Working Papers CEB 16-029, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sassen, Saskia, 2008. "Two stops in today's new global geographies: shaping novel labor supplies and employment regimes," Asuntos de Género 92, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Derry Wanta & Yvonne Augustine, 2021. "The Effect of Servant Leadership, Job Satisfaction and Organizational Culture on Employee Performance Moderated by Good Governance in Women's Cooperative Institution," TechHub Journal, TechHub Research, vol. 1(2), pages 45-58, July.
- Abid Hussain & Gopal Bahadur Thapa, 2016. "Fungibility of Smallholder Agricultural Credit: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 28(5), pages 826-846, November.
- Lutz G. Arnold & Benedikt Booker, 2012. "Good Intentions Pave the Way to ... the Local Moneylender," Working Papers 126, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Ashraf, Nava & Karlan, Dean & Yin, Wesley, 2010.
"Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 333-344, March.
- Nava Ashraf & Dean Karlan & Wesley Yin, 2006. "Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines," Working Papers 949, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Dean Karlan & Nava Ashraf & Wesley Yin, 2007. "Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines," Working Papers 106, Center for Global Development.
- Ashraf, Nava & Karlan, Dean S. & Yin, Wesley, 2007. "Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines," CEPR Discussion Papers 6195, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karlan, Dean S. & Ashraf, Nava & Yin, Wesley, 2006. "Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines," Center Discussion Papers 28380, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Anirban Pal & Piyush Kumar Singh, 2021. "Do socially motivated self‐help groups perform better? Exploring determinants of micro‐credit groups’ performance in Eastern India," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 119-146, March.
- Rao, Smriti, 2008. "Reforms with a Female Face: Gender, Liberalization, and Economic Policy in Andhra Pradesh, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1213-1232, July.
More about this item
Keywordscredit; financial exclusion; human right; justice; microfinance;
All these keywords.
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-05-19 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2007-05-19 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HPE-2007-05-19 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2007-05-19 (Microfinance)
- NEP-PKE-2007-05-19 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:07-008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Benoit Pauwels (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.