An Empirically Validated Framework for Limiting Free-Riding in P2P Networks Through the Use of Social Network Information
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorn Altmann & Zelalem Berhanu Bedane, 2010. "A P2P File Sharing Network Topology Formation Algorithm Based on Social Network Information," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201049, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Jan 2010.
More about this item
KeywordsPeer-to-peer systems; user behavior analysis; free-riding; social network information; human and social factors in IT adoption; IT deployment; IT use;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- C42 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Survey Methods
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2010-07-10 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2010-07-10 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:snv:dp2009:201060. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jorn Altmann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tesnukr.html .