Informal Labour Markets in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Simon & Walsh, Mark & Yates, Anthony, 2000. "Are UK Companies' Prices Sticky?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 425-446, July.
- Alcaraz Carlo, 2009. "Informal and Formal Labour Flexibility in Mexico," REVISTA DESARROLLO Y SOCIEDAD, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE, September.
- Gray, Jo Anna, 1976. "Wage indexation: A macroeconomic approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 221-235, April.
- Esteban Jadresic, 1996. "Wage Indexation and the Cost of Disinflation," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(4), pages 796-825, December.
- A. R. Kemal & Zafar Mahmood, 1998.
"Characteristics of the Workers in the Urban InformalSector of Pakistan,"
1998:160, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- A. R. Kemal & Zafar Mahmood, 2018. "Characteristics of the Workers in the Urban Informal Sector of Pakistan," Working Papers id:12672, eSocialSciences.
- Sonia Di Giannatale & Gibrán Ramírez-Abarca & Ricardo Smith, 2013. "Estimating the Effects of Formality on Mexican Informal Microfirms. A Joint Multivariate Approach," Economía Mexicana NUEVA ÉPOCA, , vol. 0(4, Cierre), pages 441-463.
- Hernando Vargas & Andrés González & Eliana González & José Vicente Romero & José Luis Eduardo Rojas, 2010.
"Assessing inflationary pressures in Colombia,"
BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Monetary policy and the measurement of inflation: prices, wages and expectations, volume 49, pages 129-171
Bank for International Settlements.
- Hernando Vargas & Andrés González & Eliana González & Jose Vicente Romero, 2009. "Assessing Inflationary Pressures in Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 005473, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Hernando Vargas & Andrés González & Eliana González & Jose Vicente Romero & Luis Eduardo Rojas, 2009. "Assessing Inflationary Pressures in Colombia," Borradores de Economia 558, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Fernando Lefort & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2002. "Indexation, Inflation and Monetary Policy: An Overview," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Fernando Lefort & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Serie (ed.), Indexation, Inflation and MOnetary Policy, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 1, pages 001-018 Central Bank of Chile.
- Druant, Martine & Fabiani, Silvia & Kezdi, Gabor & Lamo, Ana & Martins, Fernando & Sabbatini, Roberto, 2012. "Firms' price and wage adjustment in Europe: Survey evidence on nominal stickiness," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 772-782.
- Arminio Fraga & Ilan Goldfajn & André Minella, 2004.
"Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market Economies,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2003, Volume 18, pages 365-416
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arminio Fraga & Ilan Goldfajn & André Minella, 2003. "Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market Economies," Working Papers Series 76, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Arminio Fraga & Ilan Goldfajn & Andre Minella, 2003. "Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market Economies," NBER Working Papers 10019, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esfahani, Hadi S & Salehi-Isfahani, Djavad, 1989. "Effort Observability and Worker Productivity: Towards an Explanation of Economic Dualism," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 818-836, September.
- Gong, Xiaodong & van Soest, Arthur, 2002.
"Wage differentials and mobility in the urban labour market: a panel data analysis for Mexico,"
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 513-529, September.
- Gong, Xiaodong & van Soest, Arthur, 2001. "Wage Differentials and Mobility in the Urban Labor Market: A Panel Data Analysis for Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 329, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Esteban Jadresic, 1996. "Wage Indexation and the Cost of Disinflation," IMF Working Papers 96/48, International Monetary Fund.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- A. R. Kemal & Zafar Mahmood, 1998. "The Urban Informal Sector of Pakistan. Some Stylized Facts," PIDE-Working Papers 1998:161, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Silke Woltermann, 2003. "Job-Search Methods and Labor Market Transitions in a Segmented Economy," Labor and Demography 0310001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- M. Ali Choudhary & Saima Naeem & Abdul Faheem & Nadim Haneef & Farooq Pasha, 2011. "Formal Sector Price Discoveries: Results from a Developing Country," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1011, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Ahmed, Waqas & Choudhary, M. Ali & Khan, Sajawal & Naeem, Saima & Zoega, Gylfi, 2014. "Determinants of wage stickiness in a developing economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 296-304.
More about this item
KeywordsInformal sector; wage setting; wage rigidity.;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E26 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Informal Economy; Underground Economy
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J46 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Informal Labor Market
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-IUE-2016-05-28 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2016-05-28 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MAC-2016-05-28 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sbp:wpaper:75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Faisal Saleem). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sbpgvpk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.