Do Gamblers Think That Teams Tank? Evidence from the NBA
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brian P. Soebbing & Brad R. Humphreys, 2013. "Do Gamblers Think That Teams Tank? Evidence From The Nba," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(2), pages 301-313, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Colin Green & Fernando Lozano & Rob Simmons, 2015.
"Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions' League Qualifying Rules,"
National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 232(1), pages 30-40, May.
- Green, Colin P. & Lozano, Fernando A. & Simmons, Rob, 2015. "Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions League Qualifying Rules," IZA Discussion Papers 8950, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Brad Humphreys & Candon Johnson, 2017. "The Effect of Superstar Players on Game Attendance: Evidence from the NBA," Working Papers 17-16, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Candon Johnson, 2020. "The Effect of Superstars on Game Attendance: Evidence From the NBA," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 21(2), pages 152-175, February.
- Arne Feddersen & Brad R. Humphreys & Brian P. Soebbing, 2018.
"Sentiment Bias in National Basketball Association Betting,"
Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 19(4), pages 455-472, May.
- Arne Feddersen & Brad Humphreys & Brian Soebbing, 2013. "Sentiment Bias in National Basketball Association Betting," Working Papers 13-03, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Benjamin Waggoner & Daniel Wines & Brian P. Soebbing & Chad S. Seifried & Jean Michael Martinez, 2014. "“Hot Hand” in the National Basketball Association Point Spread Betting Market: A 34-Year Analysis," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(4), pages 1-12, November.
More about this item
Keywordsincentives; betting markets; tanking;
All these keywords.
- D49 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Other
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SPO-2010-09-18 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:albaec:2010_013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joseph Marchand). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deualca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.