Understanding Liquidity and Credit Risks in the Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gefang, Deborah & Koop, Gary & Potter, Simon M., 2011. "Understanding liquidity and credit risks in the financial crisis," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 903-914.
- Gefang, Deborah & Koop, Gary & Potter, Simon M., 2011. "Understanding Liquidity and Credit Risks in the Financial Crisis," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-26, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Deborah Gefang & Gary Koop & Simon Potter, 2011. "Understanding Liquidity and Credit Risks in the Financial Crisis," Working Papers 1114, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Campbell, John Y & Ammer, John, 1993.
" What Moves the Stock and Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition for Long-Term Asset Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 3-37, March.
- John Y. Campbell & John Ammer, 1991. "What Moves the Stock and Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition for Long-Term Asset Returns," NBER Working Papers 3760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, J.Y. & Ammer, J., 1991. "What Moves The Stock And Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition For Long- Term Asset Returns," Papers 127, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Ammer, John & Campbell, John, 1993. "What Moves the Stock and Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition for Long-Term Asset Returns," Scholarly Articles 3382857, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rajdeep Sengupta & Yu Man Tam, 2008. "The LIBOR-OIS spread as a summary indicator," Monetary Trends, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov.
- John C. Williams & John B. Taylor, 2009.
"A Black Swan in the Money Market,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 58-83, January.
- Tao Wu, 2008. "On the effectiveness of the Federal Reserve's new liquidity facilities," Working Papers 0808, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Piazzesi, Monika & Swanson, Eric T., 2008.
"Futures prices as risk-adjusted forecasts of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 677-691, May.
- Monika Piazzesi & Eric T. Swanson, 2004. "Future prices as risk-adjusted forecasts of monetary policy," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Monika Piazzesi & Eric Swanson, 2004. "Futures Prices as Risk-adjusted Forecasts of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 10547, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Monika Piazzesi & Eric T. Swanson, 2006. "Futures prices as risk-adjusted forecasts of monetary policy," Working Paper Series 2006-23, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Durbin, James & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2012.
"Time Series Analysis by State Space Methods,"
Oxford University Press,
edition 2, number 9780199641178.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "SEASONALDLM: RATS procedure to create the matrices for the seasonal component of a DLM," Statistical Software Components RTS00251, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2009. "Deciphering the Liquidity and Credit Crunch 2007-2008," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 77-100, Winter.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- François-Louis Michaud & Christian Upper, 2008. "What drives interbank rates? Evidence from the Libor panel," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- John Taylor & John Williams, 2008. "Further Results on a Black Swan in the Money Market," Discussion Papers 07-046, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Craig S. Hakkio & William R. Keeton, 2009. "Financial stress: what is it, how can it be measured, and why does it matter?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 5-50.
- Chib, Siddhartha, 1996. "Calculating posterior distributions and modal estimates in Markov mixture models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 79-97, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Soedarmono, Wahyoe & Machrouh, Fouad & Tarazi, Amine, 2013.
"Bank competition, crisis and risk taking: Evidence from emerging markets in Asia,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 196-221.
- Wahyoe Soedarmono & Fouad Machrouh & Amine Tarazi, 2012. "Bank Competition, Crisis and Risk-Taking: Evidence from Emerging Markets in Asia," Working Papers hal-00918500, HAL.
- Wahyoe Soedarmono & Fouad Machrouh & Amine Tarazi, 2013. "Bank Competition, Crisis and Risk Taking : Evidence from Emerging Markets in Asia," Post-Print hal-00785653, HAL.
- Wahyoe Soedarmono & Fouad Machrouh & Amine Tarazi, 2013. "Bank competition, crisis and risk taking: Evidence from emerging markets in Asia," Post-Print hal-01098720, HAL.
- Mark D. Flood & John C. Liechty & Thomas Piontek, 2015. "Systemwide Commonalities in Market Liquidity," Working Papers 15-11, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- repec:bis:bisbpc:96-08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vladyslav Sushko & Claudio Borio & Robert Neil McCauley & Patrick McGuire, 2016. "The failure of covered interest parity: FX hedging demand and costly balance sheets," BIS Working Papers 590, Bank for International Settlements.
- Smales, Lee A., 2016. "News sentiment and bank credit risk," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(PA), pages 37-61.
- Azusa Takeyama & Naoshi Tsuchida, 2015. "The Interaction between Funding Liquidity and Market Liquidity: Evidence from Subprime and European Crises," IMES Discussion Paper Series 15-E-14, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- King, Thomas B. & Lewis, Kurt F., 2015. "Credit Risk, Liquidity and Lies," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-112, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- repec:eee:finsta:v:34:y:2018:i:c:p:136-149 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sheng Huang & Jonathan Williams & Ru Xie, 2017. "The Future of Money: Liquidity co-movement between financial institutions and real estate firms: evidence from China," Working Papers 17004, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- King, Thomas B. & Lewis, Kurt F., 2014. "What Drives Bank Funding Spreads?," Working Paper Series WP-2014-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Pedro Pires Ribeiro & José Dias Curto, 2017. "Volatility spillover effects in interbank money markets," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 153(1), pages 105-136, February.
- repec:eee:empfin:v:45:y:2018:i:c:p:243-268 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:135-152 is not listed on IDEAS
- McAndrews, James & Sarkar, Asani & Wang, Zhenyu, 2017.
"The effect of the term auction facility on the London interbank offered rate,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 135-152.
- McAndrews, James J. & Sarkar, Asani & Wang, Zhenyu, 2008. "The effect of the Term Auction Facility on the London inter-bank offered rate," Staff Reports 335, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Jan 2017.
- Muto, Ichiro, 2017.
"The role of the reference rate in an interbank market with imperfect information,"
Global Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 16-31.
- Muto, Ichiro, 2012. "A Simple Interest Rate Model with Unobserved Components: The Role of the Interbank Reference Rate," MPRA Paper 43220, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ichiro Muto, 2012. "A Simple Interest Rate Model with Unobserved Components: The Role of the Interbank Reference Rate," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 12-E-10, Bank of Japan.
- Gallitschke, Janek & Seifried (née Müller), Stefanie & Seifried, Frank Thomas, 2017. "Interbank interest rates: Funding liquidity risk and XIBOR basis spreads," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 142-152.
- Anthony H. Tu & Cathy Yi-Hsuan Chen, 2016. "What Derives the Bond Portfolio Value-at-Risk: Information Roles of Macroeconomic and Financial Stress Factors," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2016-006, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Carpenter, Seth B. & Demiralp, Selva & Senyuz, Zeynep, 2016. "Volatility in the federal funds market and money market spreads during the financial crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 225-233.
- Prokopczuk, Marcel & Siewert, Jan B. & Vonhoff, Volker, 2013. "Credit risk in covered bonds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 102-120.
- José Da Fonseca & Peiming Wang, 2016. "A joint analysis of market indexes in credit default swap, volatility and stock markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(19), pages 1767-1784, April.
- Cui, Jin & In, Francis & Maharaj, Elizabeth Ann, 2016. "What drives the Libor–OIS spread? Evidence from five major currency Libor–OIS spreads," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 358-375.
More about this item
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:45_10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco Savioli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcfeait.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.