Financial Deepening, Inflation and Economic Growth
We develop a general equilibrium framework to analyze the relationship between the operation of the financial system, inflation and economic growth. We first investigate the dynamic interactions between financial development and growth by analyzing how financial innovations affect real growth, and, in turn, growth affects the financial system. We then study how inflation affects financial deepening and economic growth. Finally, we discuss policy implications and derive optimal fiscal and monetary policies.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2004.
"A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis,"
346, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2005. "A Unified Framework for Monetary Theory and Policy Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(3), pages 463-484, June.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2002. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Working Paper 0211, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Shouyong Shi, 1996.
"A Divisible Search Model of Fiat Money,"
930, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Juster, F. Thomas & Stafford, Frank P., 1990.
"The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioural Models, and Problems of Measurement,"
Working Paper Series
258, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Juster, F Thomas & Stafford, Frank P, 1991. "The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioral Models, and Problems of Measurement," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 471-522, June.
- Shouyong Shi, 2001.
"Liquidity, Bargaining, and Multiple Equilibria in a Search Monetary Model,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 2(2), pages 325-351, November.
- Shouyong Shi, 2000. "Liquidity, Bargaining, and Multiple Equilibria in a Search Monetary Model," CEMA Working Papers 63, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics, revised Oct 2001.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Ireland, Peter N, 1994. "Money and Growth: An Alternative Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 47-65, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed008:673. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.