Comparative Determinants of Productivity among Cassava Farmer-Beneficiaries and Non-Beneficiaries of Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in Abia State Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Akram, Waqar & Hussain, Zakir, 2008. "Agricultural credit constraints and borrowing behavior of farmers in rural Punjab," MPRA Paper 31531, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Amaza & J. K. Olayemi, 2002. "Analysis of technical inefficiency in food crop production in Gombe State, Nigeria," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 51-54.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abbas Ali Chandio & Yuansheng Jiang & Abdul Rauf & Fayyaz Ahmad & Waqas Amin & Khurram Shehzad, 2020. "Assessment of Formal Credit and Climate Change Impact on Agricultural Production in Pakistan: A Time Series ARDL Modeling Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(13), pages 1-21, June.
- Obike, Kingsley Chukwuemeka & Osundu, Charles Kelechi, 2013. "The Empirical Determinants of Cassava Farmers Access to Microfinance Services in Abia State Nigeria," MPRA Paper 63326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nelson Mango & Clifton Makate & Benjamin Hanyani-Mlambo & Shephard Siziba & Mark Lundy & Caroline Elliott, 2015. "A stochastic frontier analysis of technical efficiency in smallholder maize production in Zimbabwe: The post-fast-track land reform outlook," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1117189-111, December.
- Ayanwale, A. B. & Amusan, C. A., 2014. "Gender Analysis of Rice Production Efficiency in Osun State: Implication for the Transformation Agenda," Nigerian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Nigerian Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 4(1).
- Collins Asante-Addo & Jonathan Mockshell & Manfred Zeller & Khalid Siddig & Irene S. Egyir, 2017.
"Agricultural credit provision: what really determines farmers’ participation and credit rationing?,"
Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 77(2), pages 239-256, July.
- Asante-Addo, Collins & Mockshell, Jonathan & Siddig, Khalid & Zeller, Manfred, 2016. "Agricultural credit provision: What really determines farmers’ participation and credit rationing?," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249283, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Joseph Chisasa, 2016. "Determinants of the demand for credit by smallholder farmers: survey results from South Africa," International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 26-46.
- Igbekele Ajibefun & Adebiyi Daramola & Abiodun Falusi, 2006. "Technical efficiency of small scale farmers: An application of the stochastic frontier production function to rural and urban farmers in Ondo State, Nigeria," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 87-107.
- Iman Widhiyanto & Nunung Nuryartono & Harianto Harianto & Hermanto Siregar, 2018. "The Analysis of Farmers' Financial Literacy and its' Impact on Microcredit Accessibility with Interest Subsidy on Agricultural Sector," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 8(3), pages 148-159.
- Masaood Moahid & Keshav Lall Maharjan, 2020. "Factors Affecting Farmers’ Access to Formal and Informal Credit: Evidence from Rural Afghanistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-16, February.
- OA Oyebamiji & ZS Kisava & JN Harris, 2021. "Irrigation and Productivity Empirical Insight of Farming Households in Tchien District," Current Investigations in Agriculture and Current Research, Lupine Publishers, LLC, vol. 9(2), pages 1196-1204, February.
- Boris Bravo-Ureta & Daniel Solís & Víctor Moreira López & José Maripani & Abdourahmane Thiam & Teodoro Rivas, 2007.
"Technical efficiency in farming: a meta-regression analysis,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 57-72, February.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris & Solís, Daniel & Moreira, Victor & Maripani, José & Thiam, Abdourahmane & Rivas, Teodoro, 2005. "Technical Efficiency in Farming: A Meta-regression analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Yusuf Tanko & Kang Cheah Yong & Rabiul Islam, 2020. "Economic Efficiency of Farm Size, Fertilizer, and Improve seeds on Rice Production in Kano State, Nigeria," Academic Journal of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 6(2), pages 21-32, June.
- Abbas Ali Chandio & Yuansheng Jiang & Feng Wei & Abdul Rehman & Dan Liu, 2017. "Famers’ access to credit: Does collateral matter or cash flow matter?—Evidence from Sindh, Pakistan," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1369383-136, January.
- Liqiong Lin & Weizhuo Wang & Christopher Gan & David A. Cohen & Quang T.T Nguyen, 2019. "Rural Credit Constraint and Informal Rural Credit Accessibility in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-20, April.
- Trujillo, Juan C. & Iglesias, Wilman J., 2013. "Measurement of the Technical Efficiency of Small Pineapple Farmers in Santander, Colombia: a stochastic frontier approach," Brazilian Journal of Rural Economy and Sociology (Revista de Economia e Sociologia Rural-RESR), Sociedade Brasileira de Economia e Sociologia Rural, vol. 51(Supplemen), pages 1-14, December.
- Abbas Ali Chandio & Yuansheng Jiang & Abdul Rehman, 2018. "Credit margin of investment in the agricultural sector and credit fungibility: the case of smallholders of district Shikarpur, Sindh, Pakistan," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 4(1), pages 1-10, December.
- Liqiong Lin & Weizhuo Wang & Christopher Gan & Quang T. T. Nguyen, 2019. "Credit Constraints on Farm Household Welfare in Rural China: Evidence from Fujian Province," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-19, June.
- Harianto Harianto & M. Parulian Hutagaol & Iman Widhiyanto, 2019. "Sources and Effects of Credit Accessibility on Smallholder Paddy Farms Performance: An Empirical Analysis of Government Subsidized Credit Program in Indonesia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 9(5), pages 1-10.
More about this item
KeywordsComparative Determinants; Productivity; Beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries; Microfinance Institution (MFIs); Cassava;
All these keywords.
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-04-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2015-04-11 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-MFD-2015-04-11 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:63325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.