A non-zero dispersion leads to the non-zero bias of mean
A theorem of existence of the non-zero restrictions for the mean of a function on a finite numerical segment at a non-zero dispersion of the function is proved. The theorem has an applied character. It is aimed to be used in the probability theory and statistics and further in economics. Its ultimate aim is to help to answer the Aczél-Luce question whether W(1)=1 and to explain, at least partially, the well-known problems and paradoxes of the utility theory, such as the underweighting of high and the overweighting of low probabilities, the Allais paradox, the four-fold pattern paradox, etc., by purely mathematical methods.
|Date of creation:||11 Jun 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Kahneman & Richard H. Thaler, 2006. "Anomalies: Utility Maximization and Experienced Utility," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 221-234, Winter.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Patrick J. McEwan & Miguel Urquiola, 2003.
"The Central Role of Noise in Evaluating Interventions that Use Test Scores to Rank Schools,"
NBER Working Papers
10118, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Patrick J. McEwan & Miguel Urquiola, 2005. "The Central Role of Noise in Evaluating Interventions That Use Test Scores to Rank Schools," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1237-1258, September.
- Hey, John D & Orme, Chris, 1994. "Investigating Generalizations of Expected Utility Theory Using Experimental Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(6), pages 1291-1326, November.
- David J. Butler & Graham C. Loomes, 2007. "Imprecision as an Account of the Preference Reversal Phenomenon," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 277-297, March.
- Tversky, Amos & Wakker, Peter, 1995. "Risk Attitudes and Decision Weights," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(6), pages 1255-80, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47559. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.