Higher education institutions at the Romanian - Hungarian border prior to the war: Academy of Law, Oradea
Oradea, an important cultural, economic and administrative town at the Western border of Romania, is known as an academic center since 1780 through its area of operation for over two centuries of the Academy of Law. The Romanian age of higher education institutions has proven to be a step in regaining the status of high school like the other existing universities in the country between the wars. The abolition of the Academy and its merger with the Faculty of Law of the University of Cluj, in 1934, was a great loss for the city of Oradea, the values gathered during more that two centuries of high school, representing a solid fundament for the academic education, from this part of the country, after the second world war.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44983. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.