Challenges for Romania’s employment policy in the Real Economy
According to the statistics released by the Romanian National Institute of Statistics, our country registered during the last years an increase of the unemployment rate. In this paper we try to establish if and how the world economic crises influenced this increase. After a short review of the established theories and models in the field, our paper analyzes the evolution of the Romanian unemployment rate during the last years, in order to identify a number of factors which determined its evolution as well as in order to point out the importance of these factors. The paper continues with a study of the employment policy promoted by the Romanian government and ends with a forecast of the unemployment rate for the immediate following period.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boianovsky, Mauro & Presley, John R., 2009. "The Robertson connection between the natural rates of interest and unemployment," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 136-150, June.
- Bourbonnais, Régis & Andrei, Tudorel, 2008. "Econometrie," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7463, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Alfred Garloff, 2005.
"Unemployment, Labor Market Transitions, and Residual Wage Dispersion,"
Working Papers of the Research Group Heterogenous Labor
05-02, Research Group Heterogeneous Labor, University of Konstanz/ZEW Mannheim.
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Alfred Garloff, 2008. "Unemployment, Labor Market Transitions, And Residual Wage Dispersion," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 55(5), pages 561-590, November.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Garloff, Alfred, 2005. "Unemployment, Labor Market Transitions, and Residual Wage Dispersion," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-04, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hans-Ulrich Derlien & B. Guy Peters, 2008. "Introduction," Chapters, in: The State at Work, Volume 2, chapter 1 Edward Elgar.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40369. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.