Challenges for Romania’s employment policy in the Real Economy
According to the statistics released by the Romanian National Institute of Statistics, our country registered during the last years an increase of the unemployment rate. In this paper we try to establish if and how the world economic crises influenced this increase. After a short review of the established theories and models in the field, our paper analyzes the evolution of the Romanian unemployment rate during the last years, in order to identify a number of factors which determined its evolution as well as in order to point out the importance of these factors. The paper continues with a study of the employment policy promoted by the Romanian government and ends with a forecast of the unemployment rate for the immediate following period.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Alfred Garloff, 2005.
"Unemployment, Labor Market Transitions, and Residual Wage Dispersion,"
Working Papers of the Research Group Heterogenous Labor
05-02, Research Group Heterogeneous Labor, University of Konstanz/ZEW Mannheim.
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Alfred Garloff, 2008. "Unemployment, Labor Market Transitions, And Residual Wage Dispersion," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 55(5), pages 561-590, November.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Garloff, Alfred, 2005. "Unemployment, Labor Market Transitions, and Residual Wage Dispersion," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-04, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7463 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hans-Ulrich Derlien & B. Guy Peters, 2008. "Introduction," Chapters, in: The State at Work, Volume 2, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Boianovsky, Mauro & Presley, John R., 2009. "The Robertson connection between the natural rates of interest and unemployment," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 136-150, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40369. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.