Government borrowing is pointless where a government issues its own currency
Download full text from publisher
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- How to dispose of the national debt in two or three years.
by Ralph Musgrave in Ralphonomics on 2011-04-06 12:44:00
- Reducing the national debt does not involve much austerity.
by Musgrave in Ralphonomics on 2011-02-02 09:04:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Musgrave, Ralph S., 2011. "Monetary and fiscal policy should be merged, which in turn changes the role of central banks," MPRA Paper 30521, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Musgrave, Ralph S., 2011. "Consolidation causes little austerity," MPRA Paper 34295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsAbba Lerner; Modern Monetary Theory; government borrowing;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- H6 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-01-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2010-01-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2010-01-23 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20057. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.