Actual factors to determine cross-currency basis swaps: An empirical study on US dollar/Japanese yen basis swap rates from the late 1990s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weron, Rafał, 2002.
"Estimating long-range dependence: finite sample properties and confidence intervals,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 312(1), pages 285-299.
- Rafal Weron, 2001. "Estimating long range dependence: finite sample properties and confidence intervals," HSC Research Reports HSC/01/03, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Lux, Thomas, 2007.
"Applications of statistical physics in finance and economics,"
Economics Working Papers
2007-05, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Lux, 2007. "Application of Statistical Physics in Finance and Economics," Working Papers wp07-09, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Grech, D & Mazur, Z, 2004. "Can one make any crash prediction in finance using the local Hurst exponent idea?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 336(1), pages 133-145.
- Chin, Wencheong, 2008. "Spurious long-range dependence: evidence from Malaysian equity markets," MPRA Paper 7914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lillo Fabrizio & Farmer J. Doyne, 2004. "The Long Memory of the Efficient Market," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 1-35, September.
- Czarnecki, Łukasz & Grech, Dariusz & Pamuła, Grzegorz, 2008. "Comparison study of global and local approaches describing critical phenomena on the Polish stock exchange market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(27), pages 6801-6811.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Carbone, A. & Castelli, G. & Stanley, H.E., 2004. "Time-dependent Hurst exponent in financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 344(1), pages 267-271.
- Matteo, T. Di & Aste, T. & Dacorogna, Michel M., 2005.
"Long-term memories of developed and emerging markets: Using the scaling analysis to characterize their stage of development,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 827-851, April.
- T. Di Matteo & T. Aste & M. M. Dacorogna, 2004. "Long term memories of developed and emerging markets: using the scaling analysis to characterize their stage of development," Papers cond-mat/0403681, arXiv.org.
- T. Di Matteo & T. Aste & Michel M. Dacorogna, 2005. "Long-term memories of developed and emerging markets: Using the scaling analysis to characterize their stage of development," Econometrics 0503004, EconWPA.
- Alvarez-Ramirez, Jose & Alvarez, Jesus & Rodriguez, Eduardo & Fernandez-Anaya, Guillermo, 2008. "Time-varying Hurst exponent for US stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(24), pages 6159-6169.
- Lo, Andrew W, 1991.
"Long-Term Memory in Stock Market Prices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1279-1313, September.
- Andrew W. Lo, 1989. "Long-term Memory in Stock Market Prices," NBER Working Papers 2984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan), 1989. "Long-term memory in stock market prices," Working papers 3014-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RSSTATISTIC: RATS procedure to compute R/S Statistic (classical or Lo's modified)," Statistical Software Components RTS00191, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Andreas S. Andreou & George A. Zombanakis, 2006. "Computational Intelligence in Exchange-Rate Forecasting," Working Papers 49, Bank of Greece.
- John Barkoulas & Christopher Baum & Nickolaos Travlos, 2000. "Long memory in the Greek stock market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 177-184.
- Berg, Lennart & Lyhagen, Johan, 1996. "Short and Long Run Dependence in Swedish Stock Returns," Working Paper Series 1996:19, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Paul Eitelman & Justin Vitanza, 2008. "A non-random walk revisited: short- and long-term memory in asset prices," International Finance Discussion Papers 956, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bera, Anil K. & Jarque, Carlos M., 1981. "Efficient tests for normality, homoscedasticity and serial independence of regression residuals : Monte Carlo Evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 313-318.
- T. Di Matteo, 2007. "Multi-scaling in finance," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 21-36.
- Couillard, Michel & Davison, Matt, 2005. "A comment on measuring the Hurst exponent of financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 348(C), pages 404-418.
- Matos, José A.O. & Gama, Sílvio M.A. & Ruskin, Heather J. & Sharkasi, Adel Al & Crane, Martin, 2008. "Time and scale Hurst exponent analysis for financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(15), pages 3910-3915.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrency swap; international finance; empirical finance;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16425. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .