Health cost in Indonesia: evidences from IFLS and Susenas data
This paper is using statistical approach to measure health cost and to understand the pattern of health expenditure in Indonesia by utilizing raw data from Susenas and IFLS. From the Susenas data it was found that most households use their own income to finance health expenditure, rather than by utilizing, for example, health card or health insurance. In general, urban health expenditure in Indonesia was significantly different with their counterparts in rural areas, with average health cost is higher in urban rather than in rural. It was found also that health expenditure was moving positively in line with household expenditure. While from the Indonesia Family Life Survey (IFLS) data, it was found that the share of health expenditure to total expenditure is less than those exhibited in Susenas. Transportation cost to medical facilities adds the health cost, especially to rural villagers for they had limited access to these facilities. Despite using two databases in conducting the research, results obtained should not be compared directly, for each has different methods and time period where the surveys conducted.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Denis Cogneau & Michael Grimm, 2007.
"The Measurement Of Income Distribution Dynamics When Demographics Are Correlated With Income,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(2), pages 246-274, 06.
- Michael Grimm & Denis Cogneau, 2005. "The Measurement of Income Distribution Dynamics when Demographics are correlated with Income," Departmental Discussion Papers 122, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Grimm, Michael & Cogneau, Denis, 2007. "The Measurement of Income Distribution Dynamics when Demographics are correlated with Income," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/4456, Paris Dauphine University.
- Denis Cogneau & Michael Grimm, 2004. "The Measurement of Income Distribution Dynamics when Demographics are correlated with Income," Working Papers DT/2004/12, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation), revised Dec 2004.
- Michael Grimm & Denis Cogneau, 2005. "The Measurement of Income Distribution Dynamics when Demographics are correlated with Income," Labor and Demography 0502003, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13986. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.