Innovation in the Automotive Sector of the Philippines
The performance of the Philippine automotive industry has steadily improved after the Asian crisis. However, relative to the performance of the automotive industry in other countries, the automotive sector in the country has languished. To understand the challenges being faced by the automotive assemblers, as well as parts and components manufacturers, the innovation capability and activities of selected establishments are analyzed following the framework developed by Bessant. This paper finds that despite having an awareness of the importance of technology and upgrading, some of the automotive firms are not able to translate this awareness into other technology activities.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: NEDA sa Makati Building, 106 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City,|
Web page: http://www.pids.gov.ph/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba, 2008.
"Globalization and the Need for Strategic Government-Industry Cooperation in the Philippine Automotive Industry,"
Microeconomics Working Papers
22050, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2008. "Globalization and the Need for Strategic Government-Industry Cooperation in the Philippine Automotive Industry," Discussion Papers DP 2008-21, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba, 2007. "Assessing the Competitiveness of the Philippine Auto Parts Industry," Microeconomics Working Papers 22163, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2007. "Assessing the Competitiveness of the Philippine Auto Parts Industry," Discussion Papers DP 2007-14, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 1997. "Micro Studies: The Philippine Car Assembly Sector," Discussion Papers DP 1997-21, Philippine Institute for Development Studies. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:dpaper:dp_2011-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.