Stable Matching with Incomplete Information, Second Version
We formulate a notion of stable outcomes in matching problems with one-sided asymmetric information. The key conceptual problem is to formulate a notion of a blocking pair that takes account of the inferences that the uninformed agent might make. We show that the set of stable outcomes is nonempty in incomplete-information environments, and is a superset of the set of complete-information stable outcomes. We then provide sufficient conditions for incomplete-information stable matchings to be efficient. Lastly, we define a notion of price-sustainable allocations and show that the set of incomplete-information stable matchings is a subset of the set of such allocations.
|Date of creation:||26 Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:||17 Jun 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://economics.sas.upenn.edu/pier
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chade, Hector, 2006. "Matching with noise and the acceptance curse," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 81-113, July.
- M.Utku Unver & Fuhito Kojima, 2006.
"Random Paths to Pairwise Stability in Many-to-Many Matching Problems: A Study on Market Equilibration,"
256, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2006.
- Fuhito Kojima & M. Ünver, 2008. "Random paths to pairwise stability in many-to-many matching problems: a study on market equilibration," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 473-488, March.
- Rajiv Vohra & Roberto Serrano, 2004.
"Information Transmission in Coalitional Voting Games,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
519, Econometric Society.
- Serrano, Roberto & Vohra, Rajiv, 2007. "Information transmission in coalitional voting games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 117-137, May.
- Roberto Serrano & Rajiv Vohra, 2005. "Information Transmission in Coalitional Voting Games," Working Papers 2005-01, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Serrano & Rajiv Vohra, 2005. "Information Transmission In Coalitional Voting Games," Economics Working Papers we055726, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Roberto Serrano & Rajiv Vohra, 2005. "Information Transmission in Coalitional Voting Games," Economics Working Papers 0050, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Forges, F., 1991.
CORE Discussion Papers
1991045, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- D. B. Bernheim, 2010.
"Rationalizable Strategic Behavior,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
514, David K. Levine.
- Hector Chade & Gregory Lewis & Lones Smith, 2014.
"Student Portfolios and the College Admissions Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 81(3), pages 971-1002.
- Chade, H. & Lewis, Gregory & Smith, L., 2014. "Student Portfolios and the College Admissions Problem," Scholarly Articles 12363836, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Ehlers, Lars & Masso, Jordi, 2007. "Incomplete information and singleton cores in matching markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 587-600, September.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1988.
"Sustainable Matching Plans with Adverse Selection,"
767, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Benjamin Edelman & Michael Ostrovsky & Michael Schwarz, 2007.
"Internet Advertising and the Generalized Second-Price Auction: Selling Billions of Dollars Worth of Keywords,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 242-259, March.
- Benjamin Edelman & Michael Ostrovsky & Michael Schwarz, 2005. "Internet Advertising and the Generalized Second Price Auction: Selling Billions of Dollars Worth of Keywords," NBER Working Papers 11765, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajiv Vohra & Bhaskar Dutta, 2003.
"Incomplete Information, Credibility and the Core,"
2003-21, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Chakraborty, Archishman & Citanna, Alessandro & Ostrovsky, Michael, 2010. "Two-sided matching with interdependent values," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 85-105, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pen:papers:13-028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dolly Guarini)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.