When Market Competition Benefits Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Casson, Mark, 2005. "Entrepreneurship and the theory of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 327-348, October.
- Welch, F, 1970. "Education in Production," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 35-59, Jan.-Feb..
- Katsuya Takii, 2011. "Entrepreneurial Efficiency: Theory," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 62(2), pages 196-214, June.
- Takii, Katsuya, 2008.
"Fiscal policy and entrepreneurship,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 65(3-4), pages 592-608, March.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004. "Fiscal Policy and Entrepreneurship," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 698, Econometric Society.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004. "Fiscal Policy and Entrepreneurship," Macroeconomics 0406006, EconWPA.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004. "Fiscal Policy and Entrepreneurship," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 320, Econometric Society.
- David Thesmar & Mathias Thoenig, 2000.
"Creative Destruction and Firm Organization Choice,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1201-1237.
- David Thesmar & Mathias Thoenig, 2000. "Creative Destruction and Firm Organization Choice," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00485579, HAL.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004. "The Value of Adaptability," Industrial Organization 0406004, EconWPA.
- Scott Shane, 2000. "Prior Knowledge and the Discovery of Entrepreneurial Opportunities," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(4), pages 448-469, August.
- Katsuya Takii, 2003.
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(1), pages 80-98, January.
- Katsuya Takii, 2000. "Prediction Ability," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1411, Econometric Society.
- Mills, David E & Schumann, Laurence, 1985. "Industry Structure with Fluctuating Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 758-767, September.
- Schumpeter, Joseph A., 1947. "The Creative Response in Economic History," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 149-159, November.
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Marcus Asplund & Volker Nocke, 2003. "Firm Turnover in Imperfectly Competitive Markets," PIER Working Paper Archive 03-010, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Marcus Asplund & Volker Nocke, 2006. "Firm Turnover in Imperfectly Competitive Markets -super-1," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(2), pages 295-327.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-846, September.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Jose V. Rodriguez Mora & John Hassler, 2000. "Intelligence, Social Mobility, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 888-908, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matsushima, Noriaki & Mizuno, Tomomichi, 2012.
"Profit-enhancing competitive pressure in vertically related industries,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 142-152.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Tomomichi Mizuno, 2009. "Profit enhancing competitive pressure in vertically related industries," Discussion Papers 2009-03, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Kangsik, Choi, 2009. "Privatization, Government's Preference and Unionization Structure: A Mixed Oligopoly Approach," MPRA Paper 13028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matsushima Noriaki & Sato Yasuhiro & Yamamoto Kazuhiro, 2013.
"Horizontal Mergers, Firm Heterogeneity, and R&D Investments,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 959-990, August.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Yasuhiro Sato & Kazuhiro Yamamoto, 2009. "Horizontal mergers, firm heterogeneity, and R&D investments," ISER Discussion Paper 0754, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
More about this item
Keywordscompetition; oligopoly; R&D; heterogeneity; entry;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2008-09-29 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2008-09-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2008-09-29 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2008-09-29 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-TID-2008-09-29 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osp:wpaper:08e011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Akiko Murashita). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iposujp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.