The Role of Short-Time Work Schemes during the 2008-09 Recession
Download full text from publisher
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Is Short-Time Work a Good Way to Fight Unemployment?
by Mark Thoma in Economist's View on 2011-02-01 07:50:26
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuno J.M. Huisman & Jacco J.J. Thijssen, 2013. "To Have and to Hold: A Dynamic Cost-Benefit Analysis of Temporary Unemployment Measures," Discussion Papers 13/10, Department of Economics, University of York.
- John Schmitt, 2011. "Labor Market Policy in the Great Recession: Some Lessons from Denmark and Germany," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2011-12, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Alessio Brown & Johannes Koettl, 2015.
"Active labor market programs - employment gain or fiscal drain?,"
IZA Journal of Labor Economics,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-36, December.
- Brown, Alessio J. G. & Köttl, Johannes, 2012. "Active labor market programs employment gain or fiscal drain?," Kiel Working Papers 1785, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Brown, Alessio J. G. & Koettl, Johannes, 2012. "Active Labor Market Programs: Employment Gain or Fiscal Drain?," IZA Discussion Papers 6880, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cahuc, Pierre & Carcillo, Stéphane, 2011.
"Is Short-Time Work a Good Method to Keep Unemployment Down?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5430, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cahuc, Pierre & Carcillo, Stéphane, 2011. "Is Short-time Work a Good Method to Keep Unemployment Down?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8214, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tracey, Marlon R. & Polachek, Solomon, 2018. "Heterogeneous Layoff Effects of the US Short-Time Compensation Program," IZA Discussion Papers 11746, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Olivier Bargain & Herwig Immervoll & Andreas Peichl & Sebastian Siegloch, 2011. "Distributional Consequences of Labor-demand Shocks: The 2008-09 Recession in Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 3403, CESifo.
- Alexander Hijzen & Sebastien Martin, 2013.
"The role of short-time work schemes during the global financial crisis1 and early recovery: a cross-country analysis,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-31, December.
- Alexander Hijzen & Sébastien Martin, 2012. "The Role of Short-Time Working Schemes During the Global Financial Crisis and Early Recovery: A Cross-Country Analysis," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 144, OECD Publishing.
- Hijzen, Alexander & Martin, Sébastien, 2013. "The Role of Short-Time Work Schemes during the Global Financial Crisis and Early Recovery: A Cross-Country Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 7291, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Scholz, Theresa, 2012. "Employers' selection behavior during short-time work," IAB Discussion Paper 201218, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Antal, Miklós, 2014. "Green goals and full employment: Are they compatible?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 276-286.
- JosÃ© M. Arranz & Carlos GarcÃaâ€ Serrano & Virginia Hernanz, 2018. "Shortâ€ Time Work and Employment Stability: Evidence from a Policy Change," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 56(1), pages 189-222, March.
- Kambayashi, Ryo & Kato, Takao, 2011. "Long-term Employment and Job Security over the Last Twenty-Five Years: A Comparative Study of Japan and the U.S," IZA Discussion Papers 6183, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Starke, Peter & Kaasch, Alexandra & van Hooren, Franca, 2011. "Explaining the variety of social policy responses to economic crisis: How parties and welfare state structures interact," TranState Working Papers 154, University of Bremen, Collaborative Research Center 597: Transformations of the State.
- Sandrine LEVASSEUR, 2012. "Labour market adjustments in Estonia during the 2008/2011 crisis," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3, pages 123-143, June.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:468419 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cockx, Bart & Ghirelli, Corinna, 2016.
"Scars of recessions in a rigid labor market,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 162-176.
- Bart Cockx & Corinna Ghirelli, 2014. "Scars Of Recessions In A Rigid Labor Market," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 14/894, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Bart Cockx & Corinna Ghirelli, 2015. "Scars of Recessions in a Rigid Labor Market," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2015005, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Bart Cockx & Corinna Ghirelli, 2015. "Scars of Recessions in a Rigid Labor Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 5240, CESifo.
- Cockx, Bart & Ghirelli, Corinna, 2015. "Scars of Recessions in a Rigid Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 8889, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Olivier Bargain & Herwig Immervoll & Andreas Peichl & Sebastian Siegloch, 2012. "Distributional consequences of labor-demand shocks: the 2008–2009 recession in Germany," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(1), pages 118-138, February.
- Dwenger, Nadja & Fossen, Frank M. & Simmler, Martin, 2020. "Firms’ financial and real responses to credit supply shocks: Evidence from firm-bank relationships in Germany," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 41(C).
- Huisman, Kuno & Thijssen, J.J.J., 2018. "On the Option Effects of Short-Time Work Arrangements," Discussion Paper 2018-004, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAB-2011-01-30 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:elsaab:115-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eloecfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.