How Important Are Intergenerational Transfers of Time? A Macroeconomic Analysis
This paper examines the implications of intergenerational transfers of time and money for labor supply and capital accumulation.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C.P. 6128, Succ. centre-ville, Montréal (PQ) H3C 3J7|
Phone: (514) 343-6557
Fax: (514) 343-7221
Web page: http://www.cireq.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. Russell Hill & Frank P. Stafford, 1980. "Parental Care of Children: Time Diary Estimates of Quantity, Predictability, and Variety," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 15(2), pages 219-239.
- McGarry, K & Schoeni, R-F, 1996. "Measurement and the Redistribution of Resources Within the Family," Papers 96-11, RAND - Reprint Series.
- M. Anne Hill & June O'Neill, 1994. "Family Endowments and the Achievement of Young Children with Special Reference to the Underclass," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(4), pages 1064-1100.
- Hotz, V Joseph & Miller, Robert A, 1988.
"An Empirical Analysis of Life Cycle Fertility and Female Labor Supply,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 91-118, January.
- V. Joseph Hotz & Robert A. Miller, "undated". "An Empirical Analysis of Life Cycle Fertility and Female Labor Supply," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 86-15, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi, 1991.
"The Allocation of Capital and Time over the Business Cycle,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(6), pages 1188-1214, December.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z., 1991. "The Allocation of Capital and Time Over the Business Cycles," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9104, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z., 1991. "The Allocation of Capital and Time Over the Business Cycle," RCER Working Papers 268, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Rupert, Peter & Rogerson, Richard & Wright, Randall, 1995.
"Estimating Substitution Elasticities in Household Production Models,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 6(1), pages 179-193, June.
- Peter Rupert & Richard Rogerson & Randall Wright, 1994. "Estimating substitution elasticities in household production models," Staff Report 186, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- McGrattan, Ellen R & Rogerson, Richard & Wright, Randall, 1997.
"An Equilibrium Model of the Business Cycle with Household Production and Fiscal Policy,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(2), pages 267-290, May.
- Ellen R. McGrattan & Richard Rogerson & Randall Wright, 1995. "An equilibrium model of the business cycle with household production and fiscal policy," Staff Report 191, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John N. Morris, 1987.
"How Much Care Do the Aged Receive from Their Children? A Bimodal Picture of Contact and Assistance,"
NBER Working Papers
2391, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & John N. Morris, 1989. "How Much Care Do the Aged Receive from Their Children? A Bimodal Picture of Contact and Assistance," NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Aging, pages 151-176 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff & Lawrence H. Summers, 1980.
"The Role of Intergenerational Transfers in Aggregate Capital Accumulation,"
NBER Working Papers
0445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J & Summers, Lawrence H, 1981. "The Role of Intergenerational Transfers in Aggregate Capital Accumulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 706-732, August.
- repec:uwp:jhriss:v:9:y:1974:i:3:p:323-341 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence Kotlikoff, "undated".
"The Effects of Income and Wealth on Time and MOney Transfers Between Parents and Children,"
IPR working papers
96-5, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence Kotlikoff, 1996. "The Effects of Income and Wealth on Time and Money Transfers between Parents and Children," NBER Working Papers 5522, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laitner, John, 1993. "Intergenerational and interhousehold economic links," Handbook of Population and Family Economics, in: M. R. Rosenzweig & Stark, O. (ed.), Handbook of Population and Family Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 189-238 Elsevier.
- Ogawa, Naohiro & Ermisch, John F, 1996. "Family Structure, Home Time Demands, and the Employment Patterns of Japanese Married Women," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(4), pages 677-702, October.
- MICHEL, Philippe & PESTIEAU , Pierre, 1994. "Fiscal Policy in a Growth Model with Both Altruistic and Non Altruistic Agents," CORE Discussion Papers 1994049, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor, 1993. "Working in the Market, Working at Home, and the Acquisition of Skills: A General-Equilibrium Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 893-907, September.
- Harriet Presser, 1989. "Can we make time for children? the economy, work schedules, and child care," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 26(4), pages 523-543, November.
- Leibowitz, Arleen, 1974. "Education and Home Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 243-250, May.
- Lord, William & Rangazas, Peter, 1991. "Savings and Wealth in Models with Altruistic Bequests," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 289-296, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtl:montec:2000-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.