An Economic Perspective on Learning a Second Language
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- B.R. Chiswick & P.W. Miller, 1997. "English language fluency among immigrants in the Unites States," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 97-03, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Albert Saiz & Elena Zoido, 2002. "The returns to speaking a second language," Working Papers 02-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gilles Grenier & Weiguo Zhang, 2021. "The value of language skills," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 205-205, March.
- Grenier, Gilles, 1984. "Une analyse microéconomique des déterminants des transferts linguistiques des minorités hors-Québec en 1971," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 60(2), pages 149-163, juin.
- A. Andrew John & Kei-Mu Yi, 1997. "Language, learning, and location," Staff Reports 26, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2004. "Linguistic Distance: A Quantitative Measure of the Distance Between English and Other Languages," IZA Discussion Papers 1246, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Barry Chiswick & Paul Miller, 2001. "A model of destination-language acquisition: Application to male immigrants in Canada," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(3), pages 391-409, August.
- Barry R. Chiswick, 2000. "A Model of Immigrant Language Acquisition: Application to Male Immigrants in Canada," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 149, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
More about this item
KeywordsCatal ; Main-D'oeuvre ; Langues ; Theorie Economique;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtl:montde:8238. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/demtlca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sharon BREWER (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/demtlca.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.