New technology, human capital and growth for developing countries
We consider a developing country with three sectors in economy : consumption goods, new technology and education. Productivity of the consumption goods sector depends on new technology and skilled labor used for production of the new technology. We show that there might be three stages in the process of economic growth. In the first stage the country concentrates on production of consumption goods ; in the second stage it requires the country to import both physical capital to produce consumption goods and new technology capital to produce new technology ; and finally, the last stage is one where the country needs, additionally to investment activities in the previous stage, to invest the training and education of high skilled labor.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kumar, Krishna B., 2003. "Education And Technology Adoption In A Small Open Economy: Theory And Evidence," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 586-617, September.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 2000.
"Trade in Capital Goods,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series
dp-109, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong, 2003. "Dynamic Programming in Economics," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/13605, Paris Dauphine University.
- Olivier Bruno & Cuong Le Van & Benoît Masquin, 2005.
"When does a developing country use new technologies ?,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
b05093, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Olivier Bruno & Cuong Van & Benoît Masquin, 2009. "When does a developing country use new technologies?," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 275-300, August.
- Olivier Bruno & Cuong Le Van & Beno�t Masquin, 2008. "When Does a Developing Country Use New Technologies?," Working Papers 12, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Olivier Bruno & Cuong Le Van & Benoît Masquin, 2005. "When does a developing country use new technologies ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00197539, HAL.
- Olivier Bruno & Cuong Le Van & Benoît Masquin, 2009. "When Does a Developing Country Use New Technologies?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00101361, HAL.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong, 2003. "Dynamic Programming in Economics," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/416, Paris Dauphine University.
- repec:fth:bosecd:109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim Jong-Il & Lau Lawrence J., 1994. "The Sources of Economic Growth of the East Asian Newly Industrialized Countries," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 235-271, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:b06065. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.