Clusters of specializations in the automotive supply chain in Italy. An empirical analysis using text mining
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baldwin, Richard & Venables, Anthony J., 2013.
"Spiders and snakes: Offshoring and agglomeration in the global economy,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 245-254.
- Baldwin, Richard & Venables, Anthony J, 2010. "Spiders and Snakes: Offshoring and Agglomeration in the Global Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 8163, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Baldwin & Anthony Venables, 2010. "Spiders and snakes: offshoring and agglomeration in the global economy," NBER Working Papers 16611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giovanni Bonifati, 2013. "Exaptation and emerging degeneracy in innovation processes," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Timothy Sturgeon & Johannes Van Biesebroeck & Gary Gereffi, 2008. "Value chains, networks and clusters: reframing the global automotive industry," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 297-321, May.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1963. "Technological Change in the Machine Tool Industry, 1840â€“1910," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 414-443, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pasquale Pavone & Margherita Russo, 2017. "Clusters of specializations in the automotive supply chain in Italy. An empirical analysis using text mining," Department of Economics 0116, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Cédric Durand & David Flacher & Vincent Frigant, 2018.
"Étudier les chaînes globales de valeur comme une forme d’organisation industrielle,"
Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(3), pages 13-34.
- Vincent Frigant & Cédric Durand & David Flacher, 2018. "Etudier les chaines globales de valeur comme une forme d’organisation industrielle," Post-Print hal-02150265, HAL.
- Bart Los & Marcel P. Timmer & Gaaitzen J. Vries, 2015. "How Global Are Global Value Chains? A New Approach To Measure International Fragmentation," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 66-92, January.
- Vincent FRIGANT & Martin ZUMPE, 2014.
"Are automotive Global Production Networks becoming more global? Comparison of regional and global integration processes based on auto parts trade data,"
Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019)
2014-09, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Frigant, Vincent & Zumpe, Martin, 2014. "Are automotive global production networks becoming more global? Comparison of regional and global integration processes based on auto parts trade data," MPRA Paper 55727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonello Zanfei & Andrea Coveri & Mario Pianta, 2019. "FDI Patterns and Global Value Chains in the Digital Economy," Working Papers 1903, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2019.
- Grodzicki, Maciej J. & Skrzypek, Jurand, 2020. "Cost-competitiveness and structural change in value chains – vertically-integrated analysis of the European automotive sector," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 276-287.
- Marcel P. Timmer & Erik Dietzenbacher & Bart Los & Robert Stehrer & Gaaitzen J. Vries, 2015. "An Illustrated User Guide to the World Input–Output Database: the Case of Global Automotive Production," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 575-605, August.
- Jovanović, Miroslav N., 2019. "The Supply Chain Economy: How Far does it Spread in Space and Time?," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 72(4), pages 393-452.
- Wang, Liang & Tan, Justin & Li, Wan, 2018. "The impacts of spatial positioning on regional new venture creation and firm mortality over the industry life cycle," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 41-52.
- Isaksson, Olov H.D. & Simeth, Markus & Seifert, Ralf W., 2016. "Knowledge spillovers in the supply chain: Evidence from the high tech sectors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 699-706.
- Baldwin, Richard & Venables, Anthony J., 2015. "Trade policy and industrialisation when backward and forward linkages matter," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 123-131.
- Seongkyoon Jeong & Jong-Chan Kim & Jae Young Choi, 2015. "Technology convergence: What developmental stage are we in?," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 104(3), pages 841-871, September.
- Emanuela Todeva & Ruslan Rakhmatullin, 2016. "Industry Global Value Chains, Connectivity and Regional Smart Specialisation in Europe. An Overview of Theoretical Approaches and Mapping Methodologies," JRC Working Papers JRC102801, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Ekaterina Prytkova, 2021. "ICT's Wide Web: a System-Level Analysis of ICT's Industrial Diffusion with Algorithmic Links," Jena Economic Research Papers 2021-005, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Dejing Kong & Jianzhong Yang & Lingfeng Li, 2020. "Early identification of technological convergence in numerical control machine tool: a deep learning approach," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 125(3), pages 1983-2009, December.
- Alcalá, Francisco & Solaz, Marta, 2018. "International Relocation of Production and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 13422, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emanuele Bacchiocchi & Massimo Florio & Anna Giunta, 2012. "Internationalisation and the agglomeration effect in the global value chain: the case of Italian automotive suppliers," International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(3), pages 267-290.
- Machacek, Erika & Fold, Niels, 2014. "Alternative value chains for rare earths: The Anglo-deposit developers," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 53-64.
- Gary Gereffi & Joonkoo Lee, 2016. "Economic and Social Upgrading in Global Value Chains and Industrial Clusters: Why Governance Matters," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 25-38, January.
- Clifford Bekar & Kenneth Carlaw & Richard Lipsey, 2018.
"General purpose technologies in theory, application and controversy: a review,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 28(5), pages 1005-1033, December.
- Clifford Bekar & Kenneth Carlaw & Richard Lipsey, 2016. "General Purpose Technologies in Theory, Applications and Controversy: A Review," Discussion Papers dp16-15, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
More about this item
Keywordsautomotive supply chains; industrial specialization; fragmentation; textual analysis; regional analysis; similarity analysis; IRaMuTeQ; Taltac2;
All these keywords.
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2017-09-24 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EUR-2017-09-24 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GEO-2017-09-24 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mod:cappmo:0157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/demodit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sara Colombini (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/demodit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.