Foreign Ownership and Corporate Restructuring: Direct Investment by Emerging-Market Firms in the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deardorff, Alan V., 1979. "Weak links in the chain of comparative advantage," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 197-209.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley & Samuelson, Paul A, 1977. "Comparative Advantage, Trade, and Payments in a Ricardian Model with a Continuum of Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 823-839.
- Deardorff, Alan V., 2005.
"Ricardian comparative advantage with intermediate inputs,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 11-34, March.
- Alan V Deardorff, 2004. "Ricardian Comparative Advantage with Intermediate Inputs," Working Papers 501, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1961. "Comparative Advantage and the Theory of Tariffs: A Multi-Country, Multi-Commodity Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 161-175.
- Deardorff, Alan V, 1980. "The General Validity of the Law of Comparative Advantage," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(5), pages 941-957, October.
- Courant, Paul N & Deardorff, Alan V, 1992.
"International Trade with Lumpy Countries,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, pages 198-210.
- Courant, P.N. & Deardorff, A.V., 1989. "International Trade With Lumpy Countries," Working Papers 242, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Courant, P.N. & Deardorff, A.V., 1989. "International Trade With Lumpy Countries," Papers 90-04, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Alan Deardorff, 1994. "Exploring the limits of comparative advantage," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), pages 1-19.
- R. Dornbusch & S. Fischer & P. A. Samuelson, 1976. "Comparative Advantage, Trade and Payments in a Ricardian Model With a Continuum of Goods," Working papers 178, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Deardorff, A.V., 1993. "Exploring the Limits of Comparative Advantage," Working Papers 335, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Wenjie, 2011. "The effect of investor origin on firm performance: Domestic and foreign direct investment in the United States," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 219-228.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta & Liao, Guanmin & Yu, Xiaoyun, 2012. "The Brain Gain of Corporate Boards: A Natural Experiment from China," CEPR Discussion Papers 9190, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign direct investment; capital flows; emerging markets; acquisitions; firm performance;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F37 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Finance Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2010-05-29 (Business Economics)
- NEP-IFN-2010-05-29 (International Finance)
- NEP-INT-2010-05-29 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mie:wpaper:601. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (FSPP Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/riumius.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .