Financial Market Volatility and Primary Placements
This paper studies empirically the link between financial markets volatility and primary placements of stocks and bonds for the US economy. We find that the impact of volatility on primary placements is not statistically significant.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2009|
|Date of revision:||Feb 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 02 6448 3089
Fax: +39 02 6448 3085
Web page: http://dems.unimib.it
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schwert, G. William, 1989.
"Business cycles, financial crises, and stock volatility,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 83-125, January.
- G. William Schwert, 1989. "Business Cycles, Financial Crises, and Stock Volatility," NBER Working Papers 2957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwert, G.W., 1988. "Business Cycles, Financial Crises And Stock Volatility," Papers 88-06, Rochester, Business - General.
- Lowry, Michelle, 2003. "Why does IPO volume fluctuate so much?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 3-40, January.
- French, Kenneth R. & Schwert, G. William & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1987. "Expected stock returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, September.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Huntley Schaller, 1993.
"Bubbles, fundamentals, and investment: a multiple equation testing strategy,"
Research Working Paper
93-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Chirinko, Robert S. & Schaller, Huntley, 1996. "Bubbles, fundamentals, and investment: A multiple equation testing strategy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 47-76, August.
- Huntley Schaller & Robert Chirinko, 1993. "Bubbles, Fundamentals, and Investment: A Multiple Equation Testing Strategy," Carleton Economic Papers 93-08, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Aug 1996.
- G. William Schwert, 2001.
"Stock Volatility in the New Millennium: How Wacky Is Nasdaq?,"
NBER Working Papers
8436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Schwert, G., 2002. "Stock volatility in the new millennium: how wacky is Nasdaq?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 3-26, January.
- Chou, Ray Yeutien, 1988. "Volatility Persistence and Stock Valuations: Some Empirical Evidence Using Garch," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(4), pages 279-94, October-D.
- Ivo Welch, 2004.
"Capital Structure and Stock Returns,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(1), pages 106-131, February.
- Olivier Blanchard & Changyong Rhee & Lawrence Summers, 1993. "The Stock Market, Profit, and Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 115-136.
- William Schwert, G., 1989. "Business cycles, financial crises, and stock volatility : Reply to Shiller," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 133-137, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mib:wpaper:156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Pelagatti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.