Ethnicity and Elections under Authoritarianism: The Case of Kazakhstan
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yang Yao & Nancy Qia & Monica Martinez Bravo & Gerard Padro i Miquel, 2011.
"Do Local Elections in Non-Democracies Increase Accountability? Evidence from Rural China,"
- Monica Martinez-Bravo & Gerard Padró i Miquel & Nancy Qian & Yang Yao, 2011. "Do Local Elections in Non-Democracies Increase Accountability? Evidence from Rural China," NBER Working Papers 16948, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martinez-Bravo, Monica & Padró i Miquel, Gerard & Qian, Nancy & Yao, Yang, 2011. "Do Local Elections in Non-Democracies Increase Accountability? Evidence from Rural China," CEPR Discussion Papers 8368, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:152:y:2017:i:c:p:119-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koenig, Christoph, 2015. "Competence vs. Loyalty: Political survival and electoral fraud in Russia’s regions 2000–2012," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1080, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Oka, Natsuko, 2011. "Neither exit nor voice : loyalty as a survival strategy for the Uzbeks in Kazakhstan," IDE Discussion Papers 286, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Carlitz, Ruth D., 2017. "Money Flows, Water Trickles: Understanding Patterns of Decentralized Water Provision in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 16-30.
- Jäger, Kai, 2016. "The Role of Regime Type in the Political Economy of Foreign Reserve Accumulation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 79-96.
- Yuriy O. Guyvoronskiy & Svetlana A. Karandashova & Elena V. Sirotkina & Anastasia Y. Shishorina, 2014. "The Institutionalization Of The Party System In Russia: Opportunities And Threats At The Elections Of Governors," HSE Working papers WP BRP 17/PS/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Michael Rochlitz, 2016. "Political Loyalty Vs Economic Performance: Evidence from Machine Politics in Russia’S Regions," HSE Working papers WP BRP 34/PS/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- González, Felipe & Prem, Mounu, 2017. "Can Television Bring Down a Dictator? Evidence from Chile’s “No” Campaign," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 015681, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Miquel Pellicer & Eva Wegner & Lindsay Benstead & Harold Kincaid & Ellen Lust & Juanita Vasquez, 2014. "The demand side of clientelism: The role of client's perceptions and values," SALDRU Working Papers 140, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Inken von Borzyskowski, 2016. "Resisting democracy assistance: Who seeks and receives technical election assistance?," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 247-282, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEthnic minority; Election; Kazakhstan; Minority Ethnic group; Politics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2009-08-08 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-CWA-2009-08-08 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2009-08-08 (Development)
- NEP-POL-2009-08-08 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .