On the spatial concentration of employment in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Muellbauer, John, 1974. "Household composition, Engel curves and welfare comparisons between households : A duality approach," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 103-122, August.
- Marie Daumal, 2013.
"The Impact of Trade Openness on Regional Inequality: The Cases of India and Brazil,"
The International Trade Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 243-280, August.
- Marie Daumal, 2010. "The impact of trade openness on regional inequality : the cases of India and Brazil," Working Papers DT/2010/04, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Manisha Chakrabarty & Amita Majumder & Ranjan Ray, 2015. "Preferences, Spatial Prices and Inequality," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(11), pages 1488-1501, November.
- Frankel, David M. & Gould, Eric D., 2001.
"The Retail Price of Inequality,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 219-239, March.
- Frankel, D.M., 1996. "The (Retail) Price of Inequality," Papers 23-96, Tel Aviv.
- Frankel, David M. & Gould, Eric, 2001. "The Retail Price of Inequality," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11922, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David M. Frankel, 2000. "The Retail Price of Inequality," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0577, Econometric Society.
- Ankita Mishra & Ranjan Ray, 2011.
"Prices, Inequality, And Poverty: Methodology And Indian Evidence,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(3), pages 428-448, September.
- Ankita Mishra & Ranjan Ray, 2009. "Prices, Inequality and Poverty: Methodology and Indian Evidence," Monash Economics Working Papers 27-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Majumder, Amita & Ray, Ranjan & Sinha, Kompal, 2015.
"Spatial Comparisons Of Prices And Expenditure In A Heterogeneous Country: Methodology With Application To India,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(05), pages 931-989, July.
- Amita Majumder & Ranjan Ray & Kompal Sinha, 2012. "Spatial Comparisons of Prices and Expenditure in a Heterogeneous Country: Methodology with Application to India," Monash Economics Working Papers 19-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Sperling, Lena Lindbjerg & Kjøller-Hansen, Anders Oskar, 2012. "Accounting for the effect of health on cross-state income inequality in India," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 252-255.
- Pendakur, Krishna, 2002.
"Taking prices seriously in the measurement of inequality,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 47-69, October.
- Pendakur, K., 1999. "Taking Prices Seriously in the Measurement of Inequality," Discussion Papers dp99-7, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Andreas Bergh & Therese Nilsson, 2014.
"When More Poor Means Less Poverty: On Income Inequality and Purchasing Power,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 232-246, July.
- Bergh, Andreas & Nilsson, Therese, 2012. "When More Poor Means Less Poverty: On Income Inequality and Purchasing Power," Working Paper Series 900, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Bergh, Andreas & Nilsson, Therese, 2012. "When More Poor Means Less Poverty: On Income Inequality and Purchasing Power," Working Papers 2012:2, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Mehtabul Azam & Abusaleh Shariff, 2011. "Income Inequality in Rural India: Decomposing the Gini by Income Sources," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 739-748.
- Aaron Nicholas & Ranjan Ray & Ma. Rebecca Valenzuela, 2010.
"Evaluating the Distributional Implications of Price Movements: Methodology, Application and Australian Evidence,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 86(274), pages 352-366, September.
- Aaron Nicholas & Ranjan Ray & Rebecca Valenzuela, 2008. "Evaluating The Distributional Implications Of Price Movements: Methodology, Application And Australian Evidence," Monash Economics Working Papers 33/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Durgesh Chandra Pathak, 2010.
"Poverty and Inequality in Uttar Pradesh during 1993-94 to 2004-05 A Decomposition Analysis,"
Development Economics Working Papers
23022, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Durgesh Chandra Pathak, 2010. "Poverty and inequality in Uttar Pradesh during 1993-94 to 2004-05: A Decomposition analysis," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2010-014, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Rasika P. Chikte, 2011. "Income Convergence and Regional Growth in India," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 12(2), pages 239-269, September.
More about this item
KeywordsLocation Quotient; Spatial Concentration; Jobs;
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2014-02-21 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2014-02-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2014-002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .