Entrepreneurship in Latin America: A Step Up the Social Ladder?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eduardo Lora & Francesca Castellani, 2014. "Entrepreneurship in Latin America : A Step Up the Social Ladder?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 16347.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zoltan Acs & José Amorós, 2008.
"Entrepreneurship and competitiveness dynamics in Latin America,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 305-322, October.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Jose Ernesto Amoros, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and Competitiveness Dynamics in Latin America," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-059, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Paul J. Ferri & David Deakins & Geoff Whittam, 2009. "The measurement of social capital in the entrepreneurial context," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 138-151, May.
- Bratkovic, Tina & Antoncic, Bostjan & Ruzzier, Mitja, 2009. "Strategic utilization of entrepreneur's resource-based social capital and small firm growth," Journal of Management & Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(04), pages 486-499, September.
- Easterly, William, 2001.
"The Middle Class Consensus and Economic Development,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 317-335, December.
- Easterly, William, 2000. "the middle class consensus and economic development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2346, The World Bank.
- Matthias Doepke & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2005. "Social Class and the Spirit of Capitalism," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 516-524, 04/05.
- Carroll, Glenn R. & Mosakowski, Elaine M., 1987. "The Career Dynamics of Self-Employment," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt13p1n10b, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Scott Shane, 2009. "Why encouraging more people to become entrepreneurs is bad public policy," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 141-149, August.
- Francesca Castellani & Gwenn Parent, 2011. "Being “Middle-Class” in Latin America," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 305, OECD Publishing.
- Jose Cuesta & Hugo Ñopo & Georgina Pizzolitto, 2011.
"Using Pseudo‐Panels To Measure Income Mobility In Latin America,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(2), pages 224-246, June.
- Hugo Ñopo & Giorgina Pizzolitto & José Cuesta, 2007. "Using Pseudo-Panels to Measure Income Mobility in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4557, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Cuesta, Jose & Nopo, Hugo R. & Pizzolitto, Georgina, 2011. "Using Pseudo-Panels to Measure Income Mobility in Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 5449, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Unger, Jens M. & Rauch, Andreas & Frese, Michael & Rosenbusch, Nina, 2011. "Human capital and entrepreneurial success: A meta-analytical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 341-358, May.
- Homi Kharas, 2010. "The Emerging Middle Class in Developing Countries," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 285, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francesca Castellani & Eduardo Lora, 2014.
"Is Entrepreneurship a Channel of Social Mobility in Latin America?,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 51(2), pages 179-194, November.
- Francesca Castellani & Eduardo Lora, 2013. "Is Entrepreneurship a Channel of Social Mobility in Latin America?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4559, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Mona Farid Badran, PhD, 2014. "Access and use of ICT in female-owned SMEs in selected Arab Countries and Brazil: A comparative study," Working Papers 2014/12, Maastricht School of Management.
More about this item
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-09-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2014-09-08 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAM-2014-09-08 (Central & South America)
- NEP-MAC-2014-09-08 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:wpaper:idb-bk-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felipe Herrera Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iadbbus.html .