Entrepreneurship in Latin America: A Step Up the Social Ladder?
This book looks at the potential and the limits of policies to promote entrepreneurship as an important vehicle for social mobility in Latin America and the Caribbean, as well as steps to remove the constrains that hamper entrepreneurship.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1300 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20577|
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/res
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zoltan Acs & José Amorós, 2008.
"Entrepreneurship and competitiveness dynamics in Latin America,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 305-322, October.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Jose Ernesto Amoros, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and Competitiveness Dynamics in Latin America," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-059, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Francesca Castellani & Gwenn Parent, 2011. "Being “Middle-Class” in Latin America," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 305, OECD Publishing.
- Easterly, William, 2000.
"the middle class consensus and economic development,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2346, The World Bank.
- Easterly, William, 2001. "The Middle Class Consensus and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 317-35, December.
- Paul J. Ferri & David Deakins & Geoff Whittam, 2009. "The measurement of social capital in the entrepreneurial context," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 138-151, June.
- Matthias Doepke & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2005. "Social Class and the Spirit of Capitalism," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 516-524, 04/05.
- Jose Cuesta & Hugo Ñopo & Georgina Pizzolitto, 2011.
"Using Pseudo‐Panels To Measure Income Mobility In Latin America,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(2), pages 224-246, 06.
- Cuesta, Jose & Nopo, Hugo R. & Pizzolitto, Georgina, 2011. "Using Pseudo-Panels to Measure Income Mobility in Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 5449, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hugo Ñopo & Giorgina Pizzolitto & José Cuesta, 2007. "Using Pseudo-Panels to Measure Income Mobility in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4557, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Bratkovic, Tina & Antoncic, Bostjan & Ruzzier, Mitja, 2009. "Strategic utilization of entrepreneur's resource-based social capital and small firm growth," Journal of Management & Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(04), pages 486-499, September.
- Homi Kharas, 2010. "The Emerging Middle Class in Developing Countries," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 285, OECD Publishing.
- Unger, Jens M. & Rauch, Andreas & Frese, Michael & Rosenbusch, Nina, 2011. "Human capital and entrepreneurial success: A meta-analytical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 341-358, May.
- Carroll, Glenn R. & Mosakowski, Elaine M., 1987. "The Career Dynamics of Self-Employment," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt13p1n10b, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Scott Shane, 2009. "Why encouraging more people to become entrepreneurs is bad public policy," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 141-149, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:wpaper:idb-bk-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.