The Long-Term Game: An Analysis of the Life Expectancy of National Football League Players
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ruud Koning & Victor Matheson & Anil Nathan & James Pantano, 2014. "The Long-Term Game: An Analysis of the Life Expectancy of National Football League Players," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 1-11, March.
- Ruud Koning & Victor Matheson & Anil Nathan & James Pantano, 2014. "The Long-Term Game: An Analysis of the Life Expectancy of National Football League Players," Working Papers 1401, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Faruk Gul & Wolfgang Pesendorfer, 2010. "Strategic Redistricting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(4), pages 1616-1641, September.
- Stephen Coate & Brian Knight, 2007.
"Socially Optimal Districting: A Theoretical and Empirical Exploration,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(4), pages 1409-1471.
- Coate, Stephen & Knight, Brian, 2007. "Socially Optimal Districting: A Theoretical and Empirical Exploration," Working Papers 07-06, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:88:y:1994:i:03:p:541-559_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:81:y:1987:i:04:p:1251-1273_20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bracco, Emanuele, 2013. "Optimal districting with endogenous party platforms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 1-13.
- Gilligan, Thomas W & Matsusaka, John G, 1999. "Structural Constraints on Partisan Bias under the Efficient Gerrymander," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 100(1-2), pages 65-84, July.
- Thomas Gilligan & John Matsusaka, 2006. "Public choice principles of redistricting," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 381-398, December.
- John N. Friedman & Richard T. Holden, 2008. "Optimal Gerrymandering: Sometimes Pack, but Never Crack," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 113-144, March.
More about this item
KeywordsNational Football League; premature deaths; survivability; injuries;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-03-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2014-03-15 (Health Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2014-03-15 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hcx:wpaper:1401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deholus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .