Explaining Productivity Differentials in Eastern European Agriculture: Efficiency or Class Structure ?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Daniela BORODAK & Jean-Louis ARCAND, 2006. "Explaining Productivity Differentials in Eastern European Agriculture: Efficiency or Class Structure ?," Working Papers 200612, CERDI.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ngwenya, S.A. & Battese, George E. & Fleming, Euan M., 1997. "The Relationship Between Farm Size and Technical Inefficiency of Production of Wheat Farmers in the Eastern Free State, Province of South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 36(3), September.
- Gallagher, Marcos & Goetz, Stephan J. & Debertin, David L., 1997. "Efficiency Effects of Institutional Factors: Limited-Resource Farms in Northeast Argentina," Occasional Paper Series No. 7 198047, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Brada, Josef C & King, Arthur E, 1993. "Is Private Farming More Efficient Than Socialized Agriculture?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(237), pages 41-56, February.
- Jones, Derek & Klinedinst, Mark & Rock, Charles, 1998. "Productive Efficiency during Transition: Evidence from Bulgarian Panel Data," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 446-464, September.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1986. "Access to Capital and Agrarian Production Organisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 482-498, June.
- Nivelin Noev & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2004. "Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," Chapters,in: The World's Wine Markets, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Piesse, Jenifer & Thirtle, Colin & Turk, Jernej, 1996. "Efficiency and Ownership in Slovene Dairying: A Comparison of Econometric and Programming Techniques," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Erik Mathijs & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2001. "Production Organization And Efficiency During Transition: An Empirical Analysis Of East German Agriculture," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 100-107, February.
More about this item
Keywordstransaction costs; Technical efficiency; household model; transitional economy; agrarian reform;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-02-19 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-02-19 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-EFF-2011-02-19 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-TRA-2011-02-19 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-00564567. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .