La Gestion Des Resultats Dans Les Banques Tunisiennes : Vers Une Gestion Reelle
The purpose of this paper is to study the earnings management practiced by Tunisian banks under an economic context characterized by significant changes. The methodology used is based on qualitative and quantitative approaches. The results show that Tunisian banks use less discretionary loan loss provisions to manage earnings. As a result, banks are increasingly moving towards the real earnings management b
|Date of creation:||27 May 2009|
|Publication status:||Published in La place de la dimension européenne dans la Comptabilité Contrôle Audit, May 2009, Strasbourg, France. pp.CD ROM, 2009|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00459371|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Degeorge, François & Patel, U & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1998.
"Earnings Management to Exceed Thresholds,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1790, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Larry D. Wall, 2004.
"Determinants of the Loan Loss Allowance: Some Cross-Country Comparisons,"
The Financial Review,
Eastern Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 129-152, 02.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Wall, Larry D., 2003. "Determinants of the loan loss allowance : some cross-country comparisons," Research Discussion Papers 33/2003, Bank of Finland.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Larry D. Wall, 2004. "Determinants of the loan loss allowance: some cross-country comparisons," Finance 0404018, EconWPA.
- Cormier, D. & Magnan, M. & Morard, B., 1998. "The Contractual and Value Relevances of Reported Earnings in an Unregulated Information Market: The Case of Switzerland," Papers 98.19, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve-.
- Roychowdhury, Sugata, 2006. "Earnings management through real activities manipulation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 335-370, December.
- Sumit Agarwal & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Chunlin Liu & S. Ghon Rhee, 2003. "Earnings Management During Distinct Periods of Capital Demand – Evidence from Japanese Banks," Staff Working Papers 03-06, Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1373 is not listed on IDEAS
- Don Herrmann & Tatsuo Inoue & Wayne B. Thomas, 2003. "The Sale of Assets to Manage Earnings in Japan," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 89-108, 03.
- Larry D. Wall & Timothy W. Koch, 2000. "Bank loan-loss accounting: a review of theoretical and empirical evidence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 1-20.
- Shrieves, Ronald E. & Dahl, Drew, 2003. "Discretionary accounting and the behavior of Japanese banks under financial duress," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1219-1243, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00459371. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.