The Effect of Mergers and Acquisitions on Bank Performance in Egypt
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arphaphan Chavaltanpipat & Shady Kholdy & Ahmad Sohrabian, 1999. "The wealth effects of bank acquisitions," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 5-11.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hassan Hassan & Ammar Jreisat, 2016. "Does Bank Efficiency Matter? A Case of Egypt," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 473-478.
- Qamar Abbas & Rashid Saeed & Ehsan-Ul-Hassan & Muhammad Shahzad Ijaz, 2014. "Analysis of Pre and Post Merger and Acquisition Financial Performance of Banks in Pakistan," Information Management and Business Review, AMH International, vol. 6(4), pages 177-190.
- Budny Katarzyna & Krasodomska Joanna & Świetla Katarzyna, 2019. "Performance Changes Around Banks Mergers and Acquisitions: Evidence from Poland," Financial Sciences. Nauki o Finansach, Sciendo, vol. 24(2), pages 28-45, June.
- Han Bao, 2017. "Evaluation of Pre and Post Demerger-Merger Performance: Using ABN AMRO Bank as an Example," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(2), pages 196-204, February.
- Abbas, Qamar & Hunjra, Ahmed Imran & Azam, Rauf I & Ijaz, Muhammad Shahzad & Zahid, Maliha, 2014. "Financial performance of banks in Pakistan after Merger and Acquisition," MPRA Paper 60790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rao, Ullas & Mishra, Tapas, 2020. "Posterior analysis of mergers and acquisitions in the international financial market: A re-appraisal," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
More about this item
KeywordsMergers and Acquisitions; Egypt; Banks; ROE; Performance Measurement; Reforms; ROA;
All these keywords.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2009-10-31 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-BAN-2009-10-31 (Banking)
- NEP-COM-2009-10-31 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CWA-2009-10-31 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EFF-2009-10-31 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:guc:wpaper:18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fmguceg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Lobna Sameer The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Lobna Sameer to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fmguceg.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.