Livestock as an Imperfect Buffer Stock in Poorly Integrated Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lange, Simon & Reimers, Malte, 2015. "Livestock as an Imperfect Buffer Stock in Poorly Integrated Markets," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 200327, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1999.
"Distribution-free estimation of some nonlinear panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 77-97, May.
- Wooldridge, J.M., 1990. "Distribution-Free Estimation Of Some Nonlinear Panel Data Models," Working papers 564, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- repec:adb:adbadr:590 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catherine Araujo Bonjean & Stéphanie Brunelin & Catherine Simonet, 2012.
"Impact of climate related shocks on child's health in Burkina Faso,"
- Catherine ARAUJO BONJEAN & Stephanie BRUNELIN & Catherine SIMONET, 2012. "Impact of climate related shocks on child’s health in Burkina Faso," Working Papers 201232, CERDI.
- Renkow, Mitch & Hallstrom, Daniel G. & Karanja, Daniel D., 2004. "Rural infrastructure, transactions costs and market participation in Kenya," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 349-367, February.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Udry, Christopher & Czukas, Katherine, 1998.
"Drought and saving in West Africa: are livestock a buffer stock?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 273-305, April.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Chris Udry & Katherine Czukas, "undated". "Drought and Saving in West Africa: Are Livestock a Buffer Stock?," Working Papers 97013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1993.
"Credit Market Constraints, Consumption Smoothing, and the Accumulation of Durable Production Assets in Low-Income Countries: Investment in Bullocks in India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 223-244, April.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1989. "Credit Market Constraints, Consumption Smoothing and the Accumulation of Durable Production Assets in Low-Income Countries: Investments in Bullocks in India," Bulletins 7487, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Headey, Derek & Bernard, Tanguy, 2011.
"The Burkinabè Cotton Story 1992-2007: Sustainable Success or Sub-Saharan Mirage?,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1460-1475, August.
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Headey, Derek D. & Bernard, Tanguy, 2010. "The Burkinabe Cotton Story 1999-2007: Sustainable Success of Sub-Saharan Mirage?," Discussion Papers 93137, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Deaton, Angus, 1991. "Saving and Liquidity Constraints," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1221-1248, September.
- Albert Park, 2006. "Risk and Household Grain Management in Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(514), pages 1088-1115, October.
- Stephen P. Zeldes, 1989. "Optimal Consumption with Stochastic Income: Deviations from Certainty Equivalence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 275-298.
- Christopher B. Barrett & Paul A. Dorosh, 1996. "Farmers' Welfare and Changing Food Prices: Nonparametric Evidence from Rice in Madagascar," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 656-669.
- Beegle, Kathleen & Carletto, Calogero & Himelein, Kristen, 2012. "Reliability of recall in agricultural data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 34-41.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 2000. "Sample Splitting and Threshold Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(3), pages 575-604, May.
- Carter, Michael R. & Lybbert, Travis J., 2012. "Consumption versus asset smoothing: testing the implications of poverty trap theory in Burkina Faso," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 255-264.
- Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1982. "A New Test of the Permanent Income Hypothesis: The Impact of Weather on the Income and Consumption of Farm Households in India," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(3), pages 583-594, October.
- Reardon, Thomas & Matlon, Peter & Delgado, Christopher, 1988. "Coping with household-level food insecurity in drought-affected areas of Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 1065-1074, September.
- Takeshi Sakurai & Thomas Reardon, 1997. "Potential Demand for Drought Insurance in Burkina Faso and Its Determinants," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1193-1207.
- Verpoorten, Marijke, 2009.
"Household coping in war- and peacetime: Cattle sales in Rwanda, 1991-2001,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 67-86, January.
- Marijke Verpoorten, 2007. "Household Coping in war- and peacetime: cattle sales in Rwanda, 1991-2001," LICOS Discussion Papers 18907, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Marijke Verpoorten, 2007. "Household coping in war- and peacetime: cattle sales in Rwanda, 1991-2001," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven ces0727, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing against General Autoregressive and Moving Average Error Models When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1293-1301, November.
- Hausman, Jerry & Hall, Bronwyn H & Griliches, Zvi, 1984.
"Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 909-938, July.
- Jerry A. Hausman & Bronwyn H. Hall & Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship," NBER Technical Working Papers 0017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Gavian, Sarah, 1997. "The Determinants of Livestock Prices in Niger," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(2), pages 255-295, July.
- Wouterse, Fleur, 2011. "Social services, human capital, and technical efficiency of smallholders in Burkina Faso:," IFPRI discussion papers 1068, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Udry, Christopher, 1995. "Risk and Saving in Northern Nigeria," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1287-1300, December.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Pender, John, 1997. "Precautionary Saving, Credit Constraints, and Irreversible Investment: Theory and Evidence from Semiarid India," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(2), pages 180-194, April.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Udry, Christopher, 2006.
"Consumption smoothing? Livestock, insurance and drought in rural Burkina Faso,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 413-446, April.
- Harounan Kazianga & Christopher Udry, 2004. "Consumption Smoothing? Livestock, Insurance and Drought in Rural Burkina Faso," Working Papers 898, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Kazianga, Harounan & Udry, Christopher R., 2004. "Consumption Smoothing? Livestock, Insurance and Drought in Rural Burkina Faso," Center Discussion Papers 28497, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Paxson, Christina H, 1992. "Using Weather Variability to Estimate the Response of Savings to Transitory Income in Thailand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 15-33, March.
- Cragg, John G. & Donald, Stephen G., 1993. "Testing Identifiability and Specification in Instrumental Variable Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 222-240, April.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1995.
"Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 103-114, Summer.
- Morduch, J., 1995. "Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing," Papers 512, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1995. "Income Smoothing and Consumption Smoothing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1727, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Deaton, A., 1992. "Saving and Income Smoothing in Cote d'Ivoire," Papers 156, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Indicators 2013," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13191.
- Emma C. Stephens & Christopher B. Barrett, 2011. "Incomplete Credit Markets and Commodity Marketing Behaviour," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 1-24, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordsprecautionary saving; livestock; risk and coping strategies; price risk; Africa; WASAT;
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:got:gotcrc:162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dominik Noe). General contact details of provider: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/82144.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.