Corruption in Procurement and Public Purchase
The paper studies the impact of corruption threat in procurement an dpublic purchases. It explores the consequences of the unobservability of people integrity and considers the problem of both capture and extortion. It shows that extortion is not fight against because it is not harmful to the principal, contrary to capture which is costly. This distinction implies that when corruptibility increases among the population the optimal answer of the organization is to shift from a capture regime to an extortion regime.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.greqam.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bac, Mehmet, 1996. "Corruption and Supervision Costs in Hierarchies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 99-118, April.
- Hindriks, J. & Keen, M. & Muthoo, A., 1996.
"Corruption, Extortion and Evasion,"
179, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Hindriks, J. & Keen, M. & Muthoo, A., 1998. "Corruption, Extortion and Evasion," Discussion Papers 9809, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- HINDRIKS, Jean & KEEN, Michael & MUTHOO, Abhinay, . "Corruption, extortion and evasion," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1671, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jean Hindriks, Michael Keen and Abhinay Muthoo, . "Corruption, Extortion and Evasion," Economics Discussion Papers 470, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Domberger, Simon & Hall, Christine & Li, Eric Ah Lik, 1995. "The Determinants of Price and Quality in Competitively Tendered Contracts," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(433), pages 1454-70, November.
- Emmanuelle Auriol, 1996. "Une note sur l'effet d'échantillonnage," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(5), pages 1179-1201.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1992.
"Regulation by Duopoly,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(3), pages 507-33, Fall.
- Kofman, Fred & Lawarree, Jacques, 1996.
"A prisoner's dilemma model of collusion deterrence,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 117-136, January.
- Kofman, F. & Lawarree, J., 1991. "A Prisoner's Dilemma Model of Collusion Deterrence," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 91-15, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Kofman, F. & Lawarree, J., 1991. "A Prisoner's Dilemma Model of Collusion Deterrence," Working Papers 91-15, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Hierarchies and Bureaucracies: On the Role of Collusion in Organizations," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 181-214, Fall.
- Hoekman, Bernard, 1998. "Using International Institutions to Improve Public Procurement," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 249-69, August.
- Kofman, Fred & Lawarree, Jacques, 1993.
"Collusion in Hierarchical Agency,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 629-56, May.
- Kofman, F. & Lawarree, J., 1990. "Collusion in Hierarchical Agency," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 91-01, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Kofman, F. & Lawarree, J., 1990. "Collusion in Hierarchical Agency," Working Papers 91-01, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, June.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Skaperdas, Stergios, 1997. "Credible threats in extortion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 23-39, May.
- Lambert-Mogiliansky, Ariane, 1997. "Regulatory blackmail in procurement relationships," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9701, CEPREMAP.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:aixmeq:98a29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.