Voluntary pension savings: the effects of the Finnish tax reform on savers' behaviour
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jarkko Harju, 2009. "Voluntary pension savings: the effects of the finnish tax reform on savers’ behaviour," Working Papers 2009/22, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Disney & Carl Emmerson & Matthew Wakefield, 2007. "Tax reform and retirement saving incentives: evidence from the introduction of stakeholder pensions in the UK," IFS Working Papers W07/19, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hans Fehr & Christian Habermann & Fabian Kindermann, 2008.
"Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts: Are they Efficient in Increasing Savings and Growth?,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 64(2), pages 171-198, June.
- Hans Fehr & Christian Habermann & Fabian Kindermann, 2006. "Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts: Are they Efficient in Increasing Savings and Growth?," Working Papers 012, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Bernheim, B. Douglas, 2002. "Taxation and saving," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 18, pages 1173-1249 Elsevier.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Orazio Attanasio & James Banks & Matthew Wakefield, 2004. "Effectiveness of tax incentives to boost (retirement) saving: theoretical motivation and empirical evidence," IFS Working Papers W04/33, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Edward C. Norton & Hua Wang & Chunrong Ai, 2004. "Computing interaction effects and standard errors in logit and probit models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(2), pages 154-167, June.
- Eric M. Engen & William G. Gale & John Karl Scholz, 1994. "Do Saving Incentives Work?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 25(1), pages 85-180.
- Benjamin, Daniel J., 2003. "Does 401(k) eligibility increase saving?: Evidence from propensity score subclassification," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1259-1290, May.
- Imrohoroglu, Ayse & Imrohoroglu, Selahattin & Joines, Douglas H, 1998. "The Effect of Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts on Capital Accumulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 749-768, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ossi Korkeamäki & Tomi Kyyrä, 2012.
"Institutional rules, labour demand and retirement through disability programme participation,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 439-468, January.
- Kyyrä, Tomi & Korkeamäki, Ossi, 2010. "Institutional rules, labour demand and retirement through disability programme participation," Working Papers 16, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Heléne Lundqvist, 2015.
"Granting public or private consumption? Effects of grants on local public spending and income taxes,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 22(1), pages 41-72, February.
- Lundqvist, Heléne, 2010. "Granting public or private consumption? Effects of grants on local public spending and income taxes," Working Papers 15, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Korkeamäki, Ossi, 2011. "The Finnish payroll tax cut experiment revisited," Working Papers 22, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsVoluntary pension savings; tax reform; tax incentives; Taxation; Verotus; Taxation and Social Transfers; Julkisen talouden rahoitus ja tulonsiirrot;
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H30 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - General
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models; Threshold Regression Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2009-08-16 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2009-08-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2009-08-16 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fer:wpaper:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vatttfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.