International Tourism and Economic Growth: a Panel Data Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sequeira, Tiago Neves & Campos, Carla, 2005. "International Tourism and Economic Growth: A Panel Data Approach," Natural Resources Management Working Papers 12145, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdulkarim K. Alhowaish, 2016. "Is Tourism Development a Sustainable Economic Growth Strategy in the Long Run? Evidence from GCC Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-10, June.
- Benković, Andreja & Mejía, Juan Felipe, 2008.
"Tourism as a driver of economic development: The Colombian experience,"
Violette Reihe: Schriftenreihe des Promotionsschwerpunkts "Globalisierung und Beschäftigung"
26/2008, University of Hohenheim, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Evangelisches Studienwerk.
- Andreja Benkovic & Juan Felipe Mejía, 2008. "Tourism as a driver of economic development: The Colombian experience," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 010630, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Gawande, Kishore & Maloney, William & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel, 2009.
"Foreign informational lobbying can enhance tourism: Evidence from the Caribbean,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 267-275, November.
- Gawande, Kishore & Maloney, William & Montes Rojas, Gabriel V., 2009. "Foreign informational lobbying can enhance tourism : evidence from the Caribbean," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4834, The World Bank.
- Isabel Cortes-Jimenez, 2006. "Tourism and Economic Growth At Regional Level: the Cases of Spain and Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa06p61, European Regional Science Association.
- Igor Kotlán & Zuzana Machová, 2012.
"Vliv zdanění korporací na ekonomický růst: selhání daňové kvóty?
[The Influence of Corporate Taxation on Economic Growth: The Failure of Tax Quota?]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(6), pages 743-763.
- Stefania Lionetti, 2010. "Tourism productivity: incentives and obstacles to fostering growth," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 1009, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Chang, C-L. & Khamkaew, T. & McAleer, M.J., 2009.
"A Panel Threshold Model of Tourism Specialization and Economic Development,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2009-40, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Thanchanok Khamkaew & Michael McAleer, 2009. "A Panel Threshold Model of Tourism Specialization and Economic Development," CARF F-Series CARF-F-188, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Thanchanok Khamkaew & Michael McAleer, 2009. "A Panel Threshold Model of Tourism Specialization and Economic Development," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-685, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Bouzahzah, Mohamed & El Menyari, Younesse, 2013. "The relationship between international tourism and economic growth: the case of Morocco and Tunisia," MPRA Paper 44102, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Ahad, 2016.
"Does Tourism-led Growth Hypothesis exist in Pakistan? A Freshlook from Combine Cointegration and Causality Approach with Structural Breaks,"
International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER),
The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 4(2), pages 94-111, February.
- Ahad, Muhammad, 2016. "Does Tourism-led Growth Hypothesis Exist in Pakistan? A Fresh look from Combine Cointegration and Causality Approach with Structural Breaks," MPRA Paper 72430, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- repec:eee:touman:v:42:y:2014:i:c:p:207-212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salahodjaev, Raufhon & Safarova, Nilufar, 2015. "Do foreign visitors reward post-communist countries? A panel evidence for tourism-growth nexus," MPRA Paper 66215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sema AY & Elif KARAKURT TOSUN & Hilal YILDIRIR KESER, 2016. "ULUDAG WINTER TOURISM and ITS IMPORTANCE IN THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 31-39, August.
- Nita Thacker & Sebastian Acevedo Mejia & Roberto Perrelli, 2012. "Caribbean Growth in an International Perspective; The Role of Tourism and Size," IMF Working Papers 12/235, International Monetary Fund.
- Juin‐Jen Chang & Lee‐Jung Lu & Shih‐Wen Hu, 2011. "Congestion Externalities of Tourism, Dutch Disease and Optimal Taxation: Macroeconomic Implications," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(276), pages 90-108, March.
More about this item
KeywordsTourism; Economic growth; Panel data;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O50 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-12-09 (Development)
- NEP-TUR-2005-12-09 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2005.141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.