Distributional aspects of the quality change bias in the CPI: Evidence from Spain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Ley, Eduardo & Izquierdo, Mario, 2002. "Distributional aspects of the quality change bias in the CPI: evidence from Spain," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 137-144, June.
- Javier Ruiz-Castillo & Eduardo Ley & Mario Izquierdo, "undated". "Distributional aspects of the quality change bias in the CPI: Evidence from Spain," Studies on the Spanish Economy 73, FEDEA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cowell, Frank A. & Kuga, Kiyoshi, 1981. "Additivity and the entropy concept: An axiomatic approach to inequality measurement," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 131-143, August.
- Brent R. Moulton & Karin E. Moses, 1997. "Addressing the Quality Change Issue in the Consumer Price Index," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1), pages 305-366.
- Garner, Thesia I. & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Sastre, Mercedes, 1999. "The influence of demographic and household specific price indices on expenditure based inequality and welfare: a comparison of Spain and the United States," UC3M Working papers. Economics 6165, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Robert T. Michael, 1975. "Variation Across Household in the Rate of Inflation," NBER Working Papers 0074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. Ruiz-Castillo & E. Ley & M. Izquierdo, 2002.
"The Laspeyres bias in the Spanish consumer price index,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(18), pages 2267-2276.
- Javier Ruiz-Castillo & Eduardo Ley & Mario Izquierdo, "undated". "The Laspeyres bias in the Spanish consumer price index," Studies on the Spanish Economy 72, FEDEA.
- Javier Ruiz Castillo & Eduardo Ley & Mario Izquierdo, "undated". "The laspeyres bias in the Spanish consumer price index," Working Papers 2000-05, FEDEA.
- Thesia I. Garner & Javier Ruiz-Castillo & Mercedes Sastre, 2003. "The Influence of Demographics and Household-Specific Price Indices on Consumption-Based Inequality and Welfare: A Comparison of Spain and the United States," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 70(1), pages 22-48, July.
- Coulter, Fiona A E & Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1992. "Differences in Needs and Assessment of Income Distributions," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 77-124, April.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1984. "Inequality Decomposition by Population Subgroups," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1369-1385, November.
- Mills, Jeffrey A & Zandvakili, Sourushe, 1997.
"Statistical Inference via Bootstrapping for Measures of Inequality,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 133-150, March-Apr.
- Jeffrey A. Mills & Sourushe Zandvakili, 1999. "Statistical Inference via Bootstrapping for Measures of Inequality," Macroeconomics 9902003, EconWPA.
- John Muellbauer, 1974. "Inequality Measures, Prices and Household Composition," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(4), pages 493-504.
- Gordon, Robert J & Griliches, Zvi, 1997. "Quality Change and New Products," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 84-88, May.
- Robert A. Pollak, 1998. "The Consumer Price Index: A Research Agenda and Three Proposals," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 69-78, Winter.
- Javier Ruiz-Castillo & Eduardo Ley & Mario Izquierdo, "undated".
"The plutocratic bias in the CPI: Evidence from Spain,"
Studies on the Spanish Economy
- Javier Ruiz Castillo & Eduardo Ley & Mario Izquierdo, 2000. "The Plutocratic Bias in the CPI; Evidence from Spain," IMF Working Papers 00/167, International Monetary Fund.
- Hagemann, Robert P, 1982. "The Variability of Inflation Rates across Household Types," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 494-510, November.
- Michael J. Boskin, 1998. "Consumer Prices, the Consumer Price Index, and the Cost of Living," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 3-26, Winter.
- Angus Deaton, 1998. "Getting Prices Right: What Should Be Done?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 37-46, Winter.
- Coulter, Fiona A E & Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1992. "Equivalence Scale Relativities and the Extent of Inequality and Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1067-1082, September.
- Buhmann, Brigitte, et al, 1988. "Equivalence Scales, Well-Being, Inequality, and Poverty: Sensitivity Estimates across Ten Countries Using the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) Database," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(2), pages 115-142, June.
- Theil, Henri, 1979. "Variations across households in the rate of inflation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 37-39.
- Michael, Robert T, 1979. "Variation across Households in the Rate of Inflation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 32-46, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oleksiy Kryvtsov, 2016.
"Is there a quality bias in the Canadian CPI? Evidence from microdata,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1401-1424, November.
- Oleksiy Kryvtsov, 2013. "Is There a Quality Bias in the Canadian CPI? Evidence from Micro Data," Staff Working Papers 13-24, Bank of Canada.
- Goni, Edwin & Lopez, Humberto & Serven, Luis, 2006. "Getting realabout inequality : evidence from Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3815, The World Bank.
- Finn, Arden & Leibbrandt, Murray & Oosthuizen, Morne, 2014. "Poverty, inequality, and prices in post-apartheid South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 127, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Guillermo E. Perry & Omar S. Arias & J. Humberto López & William F. Maloney & Luis Servén, 2006. "Poverty Reduction and Growth : Virtuous and Vicious Circles," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6997.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-05-08 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fda:fdaddt:2000-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias). General contact details of provider: http://www.fedea.net .